Hello

Andy Jones

Just Joined
Jan 15, 2017
Bangor, gwynedd
Hello, I'm Andy from Bangor North Wales. I'm pleased to become a new member of the Pedelecs Forum, thank you.

I work for a local mental health organization. Got back into cycling mid to late last year as a healthier, safer, and more cost effective way of commuting to work than walking or using the local and very expensive bus service.

I ride a Greenedge cs2 to work and back daily. Have had it since November of last year, 2016. It is the best bike I have ever had, although I've not had that many to compare it to.

It is, however, far superior to the Gtech bike I had to return for a refund due to it being faulty.

The only issue I have had with my cs2 to date is the power falling totally whilst riding home last Friday on a particularly wet day.

Any suggestions as to how to better waterproof the electrical system would be much appreciated, thanks.

Reactions: LeighPing

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Andy :)

I got drowned on my way home last week too. Bike was okay, new-ish front light died though :rolleyes:

Gaz

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Andy,

I would have thought the base of the battery that acts also as housing for your controller may need added protection.
Rain water may collect there. Something like a shower cap over the whole battery may help.
Also, think of putting a blob of grease over the two spring loaded battery contacts.

I am a bit surprised that you said your CS2 is far superior to the Gtech.
In which way?