Hello

Gizz

Just Joined
Aug 16, 2018
Cambridge
Hi all,

I'm Giz.
An overweight 50 year old with dodgy knees from Cambridge in the process of venturing back into cycling.

I've got a Carrera crossfire 3 which I'm looking to modify with a mid drive kit. I've seen a couple of threads but if anyone has any specific recommendations I'd be interested to hear them.

I like my crossfire but have found the hills just wipe me out. We have a good group of cyclists that I try to join for commuting and social rides. Trying to keep up with them is hard and I although its nice l do feel guilty when someone has to hang back for the fat lad.

So I decided to try a crossfire-e from halfords with their 48hr trial which was a game changer for me, hills are no longer a fear factor and it gave me way more confidence to want to get out with the lads and not feel like a burden.

So instead of getting a crossfire-e I fancied using my (limited) engineering skills and have some fun modifying my own bike. I'm "thinking" about a 500w mid drive but need to do some more research and find somewhere "good" to get the kit from so all help gratefully received.

Giz.