Help advice needed for newbee

Duffryn

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 15, 2016
Hereford
Well my Aerobike X Ride arrived on Friday and I've now just finished my 4th outing on it. I've got to say I'm impressed with it. It's my first ebike and so I've got nothing to compare it to but I am very pleased with my purchase. The battery seems to last forever, I've done well over 30 miles and its still showing a half charge ! I don't want to risk running out of charge so will charge it up again tonight. After getting a wet backside this evening I'm going to purchase the mudguards but all in all its difficult to fault - especially for the money. I've taken some stick at the office for cheating but this is from people that drive into work - the irony !

Breezy

Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2016
Weston Super Mare
I bought the Big Bear LS for my wife after initially thinking of going for the GTech. Although I live on the edge of the Somerset levels I was aware that once my wife was enjoying riding her electric bike that she might want to go further afield. I have been proved right and as now she has ridden it locally she now wants to go further and not always on the flat! I'm impressed with the range of the bike, her last trip of 45 miles was easily within the batteries range, it now means we can get out together, with me on my carbon road bike. My Garmin gps measured the average speed of just over 15mph over 45 miles. The bike weighs 27 kilos (according to the weight stamped on the box it came in) but on the flat my wife found it relatively easy to pedal and the boost on power level 2 made the inclines we met no problem. The swept back handlebar angle makes the ride comfy.

Carlap

Apr 18, 2017
Kingston Upon Thames
Well my Aerobike X Ride arrived on Friday and I've now just finished my 4th outing on it. I've got to say I'm impressed with it. It's my first ebike and so I've got nothing to compare it to but I am very pleased with my purchase. The battery seems to last forever, I've done well over 30 miles and its still showing a half charge ! I don't want to risk running out of charge so will charge it up again tonight. After getting a wet backside this evening I'm going to purchase the mudguards but all in all its difficult to fault - especially for the money. I've taken some stick at the office for cheating but this is from people that drive into work - the irony !

Carlap

Apr 18, 2017
Kingston Upon Thames
Hi Duffryn
I am also undecided whether to go with the gtech or Aerobike and went on to this forum to get some advice. I read your posts and was wondering how you are getting on with the Aerobike 6 months later?
Many thanks