Help !!!!! Another Mick

aislingean

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2018
I work in a local auction hall and last night I succumbed to a whim and bought a scrap Mick Imaginarium to fiddle with.
Internet search led me here and the two previous threads.
These old folders were 36v nominal SLA powered and marketed from Madrid
Rear hub motor and twist grip throttle.
This one has been messed around with !!!!!!
I do not have the key for the battery box and the switch [?] above the crank has been roughly replaced with some single pole on/off from something else
I put the battery pack on charge and the two stage charger went from 8A red to 0.3A green overnight and box and charger both heated up so I presume batteries are U.S
Does anyone know what the switches are supposed to control?
Red illuminated switch on battery box side , silicone rubber covered push button on opposite side, Key switch [no Key] on top, switch above crank which looks like it should be a key switch judging by the hole
It seems that Kool Gatchet the company and website is no more
This is the start of another learning exercise and I am hoping that those on here with more knowledge than me can point me down the right road. [Please do not suggest the road to the tip]
I will later today have a closer look and see if I can trace the circuitry and prepare a wiring diagram.
I will then split the battery box and hopefully put together some kind of overall refurbishment plan.
Some basic info about the motor such as expected multimeter readings would be welcome and is this pedal assist of twist and go or both?
Newby anxious to learn needs help or perhaps certified ...... Would perhaps have been a better title for this thread
Cheers
Dave

aislingean

Just Joined
Sep 12, 2018
Further research leads me to the source of the many versions of my bike
Wenling Import & Export Co., Ltd.
The bike is nowadays known as the LB001 and has had refinements over the years but it is still basically the same although now offered with various different battery options it still has the 250 watt brushless motor and aluminium hybrid frame and rubbish electrics