Help Changing Bosch Display

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
I suppose thats the same with most things tho.. Throw em about they get busted! Also with most things the repairers have gone out of business so we just buy another and let the fish eat the old one.
that nokia 3310 is 18 years old and just needed a new batt and lasts about 1 week on standby.

plus it has no gps so plod cant track it to 1mm ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
good luck typing a reply on that lol ;)

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it cant run crisis tho :D

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0037.JPG
;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I thought adding codi to this might make it a contentious subject, probly because most people over 60 don't see the point of or want to attach to our connected world.
I find it a bit like doing a crossword where you either understand the clues or you don't.
My current crossword clue is IFTTT.
I am over 60 and spent quite a bit of my life learning about technology then teaching it to kids less than half my age. That said I don't believe in fluff and most of today's "essential" technology seems to be solutions someone thought up for problems which don't exist. I think a bluetooth connected controller is the cats pyjamas. Not because I can have a phone instead of an LCD on the bars but because I can access configuration menus without endless button pushes. Period. As a yank would say...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Impressive captain but what about the neibors.
we dont get crimbo cards anymore lol n they can bang on the door all they like cant hear a thing ;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I am over 60 and spent quite a bit of my life learning about technology then teaching it to kids less than half my age. That said I don't believe in fluff and most of today's "essential" technology seems to be solutions someone thought up for problems which don't exist. I think a bluetooth connected controller is the cats pyjamas. Not because I can have a phone instead of an LCD on the bars but because I can access configuration menus without endless button pushes. Period. As a yank would say...
It's whatever floats your boat . I am fascinated by clever gadgets and buy what I fancy that I can afford, usually to sell in a year at a big loss when a new one comes out.

Reactions: Richard T. Jensen

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
It's whatever floats your boat . I am fascinated by clever gadgets and buy what I fancy that I can afford, usually to sell in a year at a big loss when a new one comes out.
upload_2017-12-20_22-46-3.png

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
First impression is there is not a lot there for the money, but put it all together and paired with bike and phone on the bike it looks the biz (if you like this sort of thing).
Instructions are a bit vague as it needs its internal battery charged before updating by means of charging from a "not fully charged" bike battery which is charging whilst fitted to the bike until a level of 60% is reached which is not possible as you cant charge my bosch battery when its on the bike and when you remove intuvia you cant turn it on. Got around it by pressing the battery button a few times until it began its update.
So far it looks good.. Connected my ant+ Scosche wrist hr monitor and the included rear light/indicators?? without issue, and also connected to strava which will now auto upload after each ride. All looks to work smoothly with my phone connecting/disconnecting to the hub without a delay and browsing through the settings there seems to be plenty of display options. Map options look good as well and have just downloaded Yorkshire for now and it presents very much like a car sat nav ..will try it later/tomorrow/when I can.
Reading and digesting all the bad feedback for this i think its likely due to phone/connection problems on Android which TBH is a bit of a worry, but I have assigned it as a trusted device so hopefully I wont regret my guinea pig status.
In the settings the rear light can be used as indicators .. Not sure I want or need that but will give it a try..
More later

Reactions: Richard T. Jensen

Related Articles

Advertisers