help finding 700c front hub wheel or kit

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
help finding 700c front hub wheel

Hi I require assistance please I have a new boxed up e bike kit 26" 36v 350w motor this was intended to fit on my existing bike when the current motor gives up, but have seen a Specialized sirrus sport disc 2016 large available and wanted to fit the kit on this model only thing being the size of wheel is 700c so cant use the e kit I have newly boxed need to purchase a front 700c 36v x 350 w wheel hopefully or the full kit, with the Specialized sirrus sport disc 2016 large is there a make anyone can suggest similar speck which will fit my current kit 26 x 1.75 any help appreciated

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
How do you go about doing this then? is it a case of giving them the complete hub wheel and they reassemble the spokes onto it and the 700c rim which would they provide or would I send my 26" wheel and the front 700c specialized sorry I'm not clued up on these matters

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
How do you go about doing this then? is it a case of giving them the complete hub wheel and they reassemble the spokes onto it and the 700c rim which would they provide or would I send my 26" wheel and the front 700c specialized sorry I'm not clued up on these matters

D

Deleted member 4366

Find a local bike shop. Take the motor wheel to them. Tell them what you want. Ask them if they can do it and how much. if they say no or charge too much (should be £60 -£75), take it to the next local bike shop.

It might be a good opportunity to get better spokes. Normal 14 gauge is what I use, but 14g with 13g butted ends would be better. You probably have 13g at the moment, which are heavier than what a normal bike shop would use or what they'd be set-up for, so tell them 14g is OK.

• Offensive Language
Reactions: Woosh

bayrider

Pedelecer
Sep 21, 2013
DEVON
Find a local bike shop. Take the motor wheel to them. Tell them what you want. Ask them if they can do it and how much. if they say no or charge too much (should be £60 -£75), take it to the next local bike shop.

It might be a good opportunity to get better spokes. Normal 14 gauge is what I use, but 14g with 13g butted ends would be better. You probably have 13g at the moment, which are heavier than what a normal bike shop would use or what they'd be set-up for, so tell them 14g is OK.
Thanks for the info much appreciated but live in Torbay and been ringing round Bike shops in local area with no joy they don't won't to know or it seems to much hassle guess it's down to location and luck