Marcant

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 7, 2018
I own cyclematic cx1 any help on boosting speed and installing thorttle

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
D8veh know about these but has taken a sabbatical of late.
We need to see the handle bar display panel and the controller for any spare wire connectors.
If those two options don't bare any fruit then a new controller and LCD would work and give you what you need cost about £70 - £90..

Marcant

Jun 7, 2018
D8veh know about these but has taken a sabbatical of late.
We need to see the handle bar display panel and the controller for any spare wire connectors.
If those two options don't bare any fruit then a new controller and LCD would work and give you what you need cost about £70 - £90..
Sorry long delay been working i have taken a picture of both of what you have asked. To spare connectors not sure what they are for i assume for installtion of thorttle and lights

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A quick look everything doesn't show very well to much of a birds nest, pics will need to be better with wires & connector more definable.

Marcant

Jun 7, 2018
A quick look everything doesn't show very well to much of a birds nest, pics will need to be better with wires & connector more definable.
The only spare connetors are the white and black and grey and black which are two prong connetor i can retake all other wires have connections allready.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
You need a 3 wire connector for a throttle, so you will need to replace the controller and prob. a new LCD display.

Marcant

Jun 7, 2018
You need a 3 wire connector for a throttle, so you will need to replace the controller and prob. a new LCD display.

Thank you wheeliepete any idea as to what type of controller i would need given my model of bike?

harrys

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 1, 2016
Chicago, USA
You can get a throttle and new controller, but unless your present controller has a speed restrictor, there's no speed increase. For that you have to go to 48V, and the direct path to that is a 48V battery that fits your cradle. I would estimate that ebike around 30 km/hour on 36V? Then 40 km/hr at 48V.

If you put in a 36V/48V controller with LCD from PSWpower or someone else , the controller will sense the battery when it powers up, and you can use either battery.

Problem is this might cost more than what you paid for your CX1? Not worth it.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyclamatic-Electric-Mountain-Lithium-Ion-Battery/dp/B00472NWCA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528573579&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=cyclematic+cx1+ebike

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Extra speed is dependant on your hub winding/rpm.
The psw power dual voltage controllers have a speed restriction wire that limits to 25km/h unplug it and it will give 30% more speed if you hub can go faster, also speed can then be adjusted via the lcd3.
The dual volt controller comes in two volt ranges 24/36 or 36/48 and then both have varying max ampages from 12,15 17 & 20a.