help me choose bike please

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
hi all just trying to decide what bike to get or kit to buy. kit and bike diy or of the shelf. i live in Nottingham would appreciate some advice. ive been looking around at some of the bikes and kits but to be honest dont no what way to go. im ok with spanners and grinder.will be using bike for work mainly on roads. budget £1500

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

First, you have to decide what you want the bike to do. Then you need to tell us what that is, otherwise all you're going to get is random comments from people boasting about their bike and why it's the best bike in the world.

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
thanks for reply just need it to get to work around 15mile round trip. few not so steep hills just everyday use wont be doing off road as such. just cycle paths canal paths now and then if ive got it be aswell to use it.. im bit heavy unfit. speed id like 20mph+.

D

Deleted member 4366

The Oxygen S-Cross MTB would be a perfect fit. We know the derestriction codes for it, so you can get a cruising speed of about 24 mph on the flat.

There's lots of other bikes in that range, of which many can be derestricted, but that can't be guaranteed until you have the bike in front of you because, you never know when the manufacturer will change something. My local Ebike shop sells Oxygens so I'd know if something changed with them.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Or of course there is our amazing Wisper Torque, I have a couple of new bikes with sligt narks on the frame. I can supply one through yiur local dealer £100 off rrp to meet your budget.

All the best, David

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Go to a good stockist and try some - that's a must! It's impossible for someone to find a perfect bike without riding it first. Every combination of rider and bike is unique.

Oxygen, Wisper and Raleigh are all good makes. So find a store that stocks all three and go try. Many choose to travel 50 miles+ in order to try as many as possible. At our New Mills e-bike store in Derbyshire we can show you Wisper and Raleigh alongside our own Juicy Bikes and you'd be very welcome to try them all.

Reactions: Wisper Bikes

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
thanks for all reply's what size motor recommended ie 250 500 1000w and battery 36v or 48v ive done little bit of reading am i to understand that the rear hub motor better for commuting..and the 1000w not to good on battery and heavy. whats the opinion of building my own .

johny

Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
nottingham
hi just been reading about the oxydrive-cst ht 14ah what the opinions on this kit value for money. thinking of the boardman or specialized crosstrail 2017 hybrid or cube any other opinions welcomed thanks

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Our new Kudos Mistral is selling very well,one of our dealers,Fosse electric bikes is currently publishing a video about the bike.
The Mistral has the high torque BPM hub drive and the latest semi concealed Samsung battery....check out our website for full spec.
Price £1195.00 incl vat and delivery.
KudosDave