Help me choose please!

Discussion in 'Which electric bike should I buy?' started by Mogberi, Apr 22, 2017.

1. IR772

IR772 Pedelecer

Don't forget some little Willies for the valves and Power Ranger brakes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IR772

IR772 Pedelecer

My SL29 was a lot less than £2000

For £ 2000 the Cube is a low spec bike at a high price

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Danidl

Danidl Pedelecer

.. variance costs .. colleagues of mine from Germany once told me that every vw golf was unique or at most two identical. When you factor in body colour, upholstery, wheel trim , motor type, fuel ., power, wheel size, audio system, etc etc. . However that means having a sales agent talking through options , and entering data into a database. It also means having multiple inventory, all costing money. In the case of VW the perceived value in having a unique vehicle to the German consumer was worth the extra cost. They have automated production lines with computerised inventory, and waiting lists of up to 6 months. That is the cost of variance.
    The bicycle construction business might be as automated, but who is going to talk the consumer through the options... And who will pay them.

4. Danidl

Danidl Pedelecer

.... Are we getting smutty?

5. Danidl

Danidl Pedelecer

I would see the sweet spot as being at around1500 pounds plus. Don't ignore the Raleigh Motus as being a contender. At 1200kmand 6 months , my smile still exists.

6. Mogberi

Mogberi Just Joined

egroover - I have checked your recommendation which looks attractive with its 'commuting' features but it doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere up here.

7. Peter Thornton

Peter Thornton Finding my (electric) wheels

8. Mogberi

Mogberi Just Joined

Thanks - I will check that. 15% off £2k is worth having.

9. Al_taketheHighRoad

Al_taketheHighRoad Just Joined

That looks like a good choice but I was looking at the link and noticed it doesnt come with pedals, why wouldnt they supply pedals, that doesnt really make any sense.

10. soundwave

soundwave Pedelecer

none will come with peddles or at best the cheapest rubbish they can stick on them.

its the same with hi end mtbs tbh.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. nemesis

nemesis Pedelecer

The Giant road E+2 is on offer at £1799 or the top model +1 for £2149,great bikes that have a very stealthy look.

12. Mogberi

Mogberi Just Joined

I tried that one in my local bike shop and liked it. But it was a hefty £2499

13. nemesis

nemesis Pedelecer

They are on offer at Winstanleys bikes in Wigan,i was thinking about one myself.

14. Crockers

Crockers Pedelecer

If you want it for commuting you'll have to add mudguards etc.

15. Mogberi

Mogberi Just Joined

Will definitely check that one out.

16. Trevormonty

Trevormonty Pedelecer

Shops found lot customers wanted them swapped for different pedal. End up with piles of pedals they had to dump. Solution sell bike slightly cheaper with no pedals.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cobell

Cobell Just Joined

I spent months choosing an E Bike...I didn't want anything large,mega expensive and flashy. .just something to help me get around my work site..which is huge..following a stroke I had last year.. (walking around is a bit awkward now)..the first one I bought I returned to Halfords. .it wasnt suitable...so I kept looking..eventually a couple of months ago I came across the E Dragon from Evoscooters . I can't praise this bike enough. .good solid build..the independent throttle control is great to help get it going or going up a hill.(or you can cruise around on it if you wish)..and my Grandson thinks it looks "Well cool"..lol..it's given me a new lease of life and the battery lasts for ages (I also bought a spare one) I've had it about 7 weeks and I've only charged it twice!..it's also quite powerful (more so than the one I took back) so I tend to stay in modes 1&2.. mostly 1 though..that's well enough for my work site...I'm chuffed to bits with it ! (If it's listed as out of stock, if you call them they can sort one out for you..as they did with me)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. oddsere

oddsere Just Joined

Well I still cant make my mind up have looked at lots of bikes don't know if I should buy 2second hand or new

19. Woosh

Woosh Trade Member

what are your priorities?
    your weight and height?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. oddsere

oddsere Just Joined

Im 5,11 90kl would be mostly on road not sure about buying 2nd hand as looks like you can soon spend a few quid on repairs so think I may be best buying new bike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice