• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
Have you ridden all Four bikes

i would cross the 11ah battery off because it not a huge mileage
I have test rode 2 of them so far, One of the bike I'll never test ride, as it's a 4 hour drive. The 11ah battery is promising up to 60 miles range, with a 2 year warranty, test riding that this week.

The Oxygen bike looks great to, wil hopefully ride that this weekend.

Reactions: LeighPing

Mac_user82

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 16, 2014
I have test rode 2 of them so far, One of the bike I'll never test ride, as it's a 4 hour drive. The 11ah battery is promising up to 60 miles range, with a 2 year warranty, test riding that this week.

The Oxygen bike looks great to, wil hopefully ride that this weekend.
Forget the 60 miles out of a 11ah battery because it depend on your weight what you are carrying terrain you could get 60 miles out of it but you won't know that until you have been on that first ride and find out

if i was been honest with you cannot make your mind up until you have tested ridden them all because for example you might not like the feel
to one at all pretty much impossible to advise until you have ridden them

i do have a 11ah battery and i am lucky to get 30 miles out of my battery
but i don't have the terrain like everyone else has it depends on so many factors

For a example i pull a trailer with me too so i am going to get lot less miles too

The only way you can treat it like a questionnaire what ticks your boxes what doesn't tick your boxes

The Oxygen might look great but you might think it rides awful and you don't like the motor settings when you are pedaling it is all unknown till you have that personal experience with the bike

its like a bicycle saddle what is right for one person could be completely wrong for someone else buy what is right for you and what suits your purpose

When i was looking to buying my first e-bike i thought i am was going to buy a "Whisper 905 Classic" and i was sold on it before i even ridden it i did get the chance to ride it and i personally thought it was the worse bike i have ever ridden it was heavy clunky and it wasn't for me

So my advice don't rush in to buying one because you might regret it and
selling e-bikes there isn't really a market for them you won't get what you paid for it

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The rule is more amps more range. The effort you put in makes a huge difference to the range. Test ride and test again.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If budget is under 1k the Woosh sport with 15ah battery, other wise the Oxygen. I did voted for the Oxygen.

• Informative

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
I already have an E bike, which is converted from an Alien Aurora. I will test ride what I can, but the issue for me is getting to ride the Woosh and Oxygen.

The battery range on the Crossfire is based on a efficient motor according to the sales man, but I'm hoping to speak to an owner of one soon.

I currently ride on the lowest setting due to battery range, as the highest setting gives me 12 miles, middle 25 miles and lowest setting I've got 39 miles of the battery.

I'm trying to make the right choice, as I agonise over most decisions like this one.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
On mixed road terrain I have managed 48 miles from a 11ah battery when new, nowadays its about 38 miles. The 60 quoted will be with low assist on flat terrain, for off road use 25 - 30 miles. Lots of variables means we all get differing range, along the South coast with a good wind behind me I can go 18/20 miles with no assist at 18+ mph head into the same wind and range decreases.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I managed to get over 60 miles on the Grace with the classic motor, I was trying hard to do so.

With the performance motors on the two bikes I have now would have done 40 plus when new but 9000 miles later 30 plus would be expected. Mind I do up the power now as age and worn out knee are taking it out of me.

spiderno7

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2014
Sutton Coldfield
if you need a bigger range the simplest idea is just buy another battery
I would but the bike is nearly 20 years old, and I can't convert with a diy as I want the battery on the frame I don't have the room. Finding a new bike and converting with a kit is a good option, but I just fancy getting a new bike. I have attached a picture of my bike.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
For £1000 an eBay frame with disk brakes and a kit.
There isn't any huge difference in efficiency between modern hub motors.
A crank could be better but it's still likely to be marginal.
The salesman was bullshtting. More amps more range. Higher speed or assistance less range. That's it.

Neil5403

Pedelecer
Feb 5, 2017
Staffs, England ST15
I get 30 to 40 miles out of my Carrera and the Mrs gets about 10miles more, as she is lighter and uses less pedal help! Carrera is a good bike for the money..

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
I get 30 to 40 miles out of my Carrera and the Mrs gets about 10miles more, as she is lighter and uses less pedal help! Carrera is a good bike for the money..
That sounds realistic for the Crossfire-e.
I used to get 40+ miles out of mine.

My GFs ran out of juice after 31.5 miles at the weekend. 2000ft of climbing. She has a dodgy knee so needs the assist up hills.

• Informative

Seakerr

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 4, 2017
Barton on Sea Hampshire
As a new "old" boy (joined today but long in the tooth now) can I join in this very helpful conversation?
I've been looking around and researching for a couple of weeks and I've come across the Ridgeback Electron which fills the bill in most ways (motor in the crankcase, hydraulic hub brakes, not too heavy, mudguards and lights etc) but the gears are enclosed within the rear hub and driven by the one cog from the chain. It looks great to me because there are no series of external cogs moving about to change gear. BUT are there snags in this?
Checked the price online and it appears to tally but I want to buy from a local cyclists' shop.
Seaker