help needed please with powabyke

hot_spot

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 9, 2017
northumberland
Hi all.

i have resently bought a second hand powabyke. i have no idea which modle it is. i was wondering if anyone has the wiring diagrams etc for this bike. someone has been messing about with the controler and it need sorting out.
here is some photos of it.
thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't think that's the original controller, so the wiring diagram won't help you. Yoy can find general ebike wiring diagrams for brushed motors using Google.

hot_spot

Sep 9, 2017
northumberland
Hi b8veh
thanks for the reply. you have some great built bikes there, but at my skill level that dosn't help me. i have realized i am missing the battery level light indicator also..

hot_spot

Sep 9, 2017
northumberland
i am just thinking. is the controler unit not the original one for the bike? do you think, has the previous owner bought a cheap chinese one hopeing to fix the bike?

johnc46

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2010
Yes I am aware of the type of bike as I have owned 2 of them, I simply copied and pasted from a Powabyke site, note the highlighted link in my post

Subspace

Sep 2, 2016
Herts
The controller is not the original one for the Powabyke. I guess the original controller broke and the owner tried to replace it with this one.

The battery level indicator light is part of the original controller circuit board which is why it is missing.

Firstly you will need the wiring diagram for the replacement controller which can be found here:

www.tncscooters.com/YK71/YK71.pdf

You will also need to know which wires on the bike are for the motor, throttle and power. These are the only things you need to wire up at least to make it run. It should be easy in the case of the motor and power as it is just two wires each and you can trace them from the motor and the key switch. The throttle is trickier as from what I remember the original Powabyke throttle is "backwards" so you may find you get full throttle in the off position (assuming it still has the original throttle). The throttle has three wires - red, yellow and green, but I don't know what they are. You might need to buy a new throttle that will work with the new controller. I think something like this will be ok:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Thumb-Throttle-Speed-Control-for-E-Bike-Electric-Bike-Scooter-3-Wires-/192176324648?epid=1687788956&hash=item2cbe9a0028:g:DwoAAOSwhvFZCZUh

G

g_179424

Can any tell me which way the batteries have to be please? Think its the euro byke..battery box along crossbar. Bought fir xmas second hand..dosent hold charge new batteries jyst arrived. Old ones are placed in order from seat with writing face up .last one is blank face up? Only i think the owners been messing about with it iv read to follow how uou find them...but have they put the last one in wrong?? My grandson was so dissapointed xmas day..and so was I..in human kind. Please any help gratefully recieved and asap please . From one muddled Nan☺