Help on zipper z6

wilson trainor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 22, 2017
corby
lookingfor some help brought z6 ebike the throttle on the bike moves very slow but when peddling goes as it should.. the bike has a lcd 880 gone through all setting but can't get the bike to go more than 4/5 mph on throttle it has 6pmh walking setting I would like to remove this to the legal UK limit 15.5mph would i be able to it's 36v battery 250watt hub

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The current law says that a new bike can only have a walk mode throttle fitted by manufacturer. It's therefore working right.
But someone else may know how to bypass the programming.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 4366

Try pressing and holding the up and down buttons within a few seconds of switching on, then use a short pres of the power button to change screens. Tell us what happens and what options you get.

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that LCD is very similar to the Karoo's LCD which is factory programmed to use the throttle on assist level 0 plus 6 assist levels from 1 to 6.

Karoo's LCD (it does not have the light on/off button):

• Informative

wilson trainor

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 22, 2017
corby
My lcd setting

1 power on hold up now down
2 mxs and kh/sign 72 are flashing
3 26in flashing
4 mph and mil flashing

That's all I have

D

Deleted member 4366

Try pressing and holding up and down buttons for 10 secondswhile you have any of those settings flashing to see if it goes to more options.

Pardeep verma

Just Joined
Feb 11, 2017
United Kingdom
any idea from where i can buy lcd 800 and controller for zipper z6 bike. my lcd was broken. i bought ktc1 lcd. but its not getting on by press and hold power button.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
For settings often to get in to them you have to depress +/- or up/down buttons together for approx. 10 secs, sometimes it's a different combo and may be the on/off button and on of the others.

John Bumpus

Just Joined
Jun 30, 2018
Beccles
Thanks for the advice Nealh.

I thought I had tried all known button combinations without success. However after scouring the internet I cam across a slightly different display that obviously uses the same chip logic. The main difference was that my user guide, and all the others I could find for the LCD880, says "After power on for 5 seconds hold both the up and down buttons at the same time". That never worked for me and its now clear that it should say 'After power on within 5 seconds'! That works fine to get into the settings.

Interestingly, (perhaps) the default settings were for 20 inch wheels and 75 kilometres p/h max speed!