Help - Panda Pro 1000w Rear wheel - Speedo not accurate.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
Help - Panda Pro 1000w Rear wheel - Speedo not accurate.

so i took it for some test runs today and the max the speedo will read is 12 mph. even when you know your doing 20. ive been through all the settings even factory reset it, with no joy.

is it the wheel that tells the display how fast your going.

any ideas on where to look for the fault. ive checked all settings wheel size ive tried 26 and 700c as theres no 27.5. theirs 8 advanced settings Ive tried different ones in 5 off them. i do understand what each are for and the only 2 that i though may effect is the magnet number and the pas sensitivity. but if the speed reading comes from the wheel then they shouldn't matter.

thanks all

D

Deleted member 4366

Increase P2 should sort it. If it's 1, try 2. If it's zero, try 1. After 1, every increase in P2 decreases the speed proportionally, so P2=5 will show 20% of the speed of P2=1, or p2=6 shoes 67% of the P2=4 speed.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
hi d8veh. thanks for the reply. i may not have explaned properly. when its doing 20 the speedo says 10. so i dont think theres a power issue, just the speedo not reading right.

as to the P settings its the new Pro screen and doesn't have any P settings. theres the normal wheel size ect. then the advanced has 8 settings.

VOL - battery power bar settings
SCA - assistance level setting
CUR - control over current cut setting
PAS - power assistant sensor setting
SPS - speed sensor option
Hnd - Throttle definition
SYs - delay time setting

PSd - power on password

the ones in bold i have tried different settings. though, and i could be wrong. think the back wheel has some sort of speed sensor in it. so wonder if thats where the problem is.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Simples! You have a dongle :) <ducking>

• :D
Reactions: billym1967

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
i wonder if i'm just unlucky with some kits. ive had 5 from electric bike conversions and 1 online and apart from a blown control box and slight wiring issues when ive used different sensor parts. ive not had a problem. and all have been changed over and still no issues. ive been over the settings over and over again. also reset to factory settings. but i can see any setting that i would think the speedo read wrongly. ive emailed panda so hopefully i'll get some help.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
so and update. when i fitted the kit. i was left with two cables. the 1st was from the back wheel to control box, but wasnt needed as what was there was long enough . the second was put in by mistake as i could find anywhere it fitted. its the older still cable. just out of curiosity i but the long cable in and tried again. and its worse now, all i get is error 24

D

Deleted member 4366

We don't have any idea of what you have, so all we can do is make wild guesses. You need to show us in detail what you have.

billym1967

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2017
durham uk
so been out for another look. sadly as all i get now is error 24 nothing else works on the screen. the main cable is different to all the others i have. but im guessing as the fault started with the speed measuring problem and now its an error 24 Motor Hall Signal Abnormality, that its either cable faults or its the rear hub its self. i looked inside the connectors. but unlike the older style that have pins and you can see if any are bent. this type of connector its impossible to see the hall sensor counter pins. will just have to put things on hold till i hear back from Panda.

Advertisers