Help with new Focus thron impulse 2.0

zalle

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
Portugal
Hi guys, after losing interest in converting my Scott Genius, I just part exchanged it for a 1 year old (1 year warranty left) Focus thron impulse 2.0. It's got Rockshox fork (air xc32 120mm) and Rockshox back suspension. 27.5 Wheels and a very big battery (17Ah).

IMG_20171119_200617-1632x1224.jpg

I do have a few questions about it, and hope you guys can give me some help.

There's no instructions manual, is there one online?

I was told by the previous owner that a new firmware was installed. Now one of the battery's a led lights is always on. I've read that impulse 2.0 motors are not very reliable, and so the company made a new firmware to limit it's power. Could this be it? Is there a way to check it? And it seems that the bike is a bit underpowered, and sluggish but I'm not really an expert...

Is there any place I can find out more about this bike?
Thanks

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Rutland Cycling

Trade Member
Sep 5, 2017
Rutland
Hi guys, after losing interest in converting my Scott Genius, I just part exchanged it for a 1 year old (1 year warranty left) Focus thron impulse 2.0. It's got Rockshox fork (air xc32 120mm) and Rockshox back suspension. 27.5 Wheels and a very big battery (17Ah).

View attachment 22189

I do have a few questions about it, and hope you guys can give me some help.

There's no instructions manual, is there one online?

I was told by the previous owner that a new firmware was installed. Now one of the battery's a led lights is always on. I've read that impulse 2.0 motors are not very reliable, and so the company made a new firmware to limit it's power. Could this be it? Is there a way to check it? And it seems that the bike is a bit underpowered, and sluggish but I'm not really an expert...

Is there any place I can find out more about this bike?
Thanks
Hi Zalle,

You can find all Impulse 2.0 manuals here - http://www.derby-cycle.com/en/downloads/focus/user-manuals-focus/pedelec-impulse/pedelec-impulse-20.html

In regards to the motor feeling sluggish - take the bike to your nearest Focus dealer and try it side by side to another model.

Many thanks,

• Useful
Reactions: LeighPing