Helpless+clueless

Allison Kelly

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 15, 2017
Glasgow
Hi My names Allison and iam looking for a electric bike I've got £500+haven't got a clue were to go or which bike to buy Plz any ideas geeza a bell ✌

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
We know what 500 is but how much is + ?

Allison Kelly

Jul 15, 2017
Glasgow

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id save up as if you want it to last a 500 quid bike wont last long just take a look at the parts its made from and you will get the idea as also resale value will be next to nothing as well so maybe look on ebay for one ;)

Allison Kelly

Jul 15, 2017
Glasgow
id save up as if you want it to last a 500 quid bike wont last long just take a look at the parts its made from and you will get the idea as also resale value will be next to nothing as well so maybe look on ebay for one ;)
Hi have you heard off Powabike?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Allison Kelly

Jul 15, 2017
Glasgow

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
If you already have a bike you can get a conversion kit for it,that'll keep you within your budget.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Awe thx my name is Allyson, can a ask u urs,as a canny kept saying hi or soundwave [emoji111]
Ha, unlikely! I imagine that soundwave is on the Interpol most wanted list as a result of his often publicised shenanigans.

Nobody knows his true identity. Not even him.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Thx so you don't think I'll get a bike for £500
What do you want it for.?.. We don't need the answer but you have to ask yourself that question.
.. putting it simply there are three bits to an ebike., And each costs about the same. The bike, the motor and the battery. Now where you to go to a shop and buy an ordinary bike at 175, what would you be getting?. If you went to a shop to buy a 500 ordinary bike, it would be a much much stronger pleasant beast.
There are supermarket sold ebikes at the 500 mark, and they are ok for limited casual use. Small batteries, steel bits that rust easily
Add 100 and you are starting to hit reliable territory. Add 300 you are in very good product territory, add 500 and it's luxury etc.... The sky's the limit...
On a limited budget there are two other options.
Buy secondhand, assume the battery is knackered and get it replaced.
Buy a kit and modify a bike yourself. .. very good bikes can be picked up at places like CEX for under 100, and a kit 300

Allison Kelly

Jul 15, 2017
Glasgow
What do you want it for.?.. We don't need the answer but you have to ask yourself that question.
.. putting it simply there are three bits to an ebike., And each costs about the same. The bike, the motor and the battery. Now where you to go to a shop and buy an ordinary bike at 175, what would you be getting?. If you went to a shop to buy a 500 ordinary bike, it would be a much much stronger pleasant beast.
There are supermarket sold ebikes at the 500 mark, and they are ok for limited casual use. Small batteries, steel bits that rust easily
Add 100 and you are starting to hit reliable territory. Add 300 you are in very good product territory, add 500 and it's luxury etc.... The sky's the limit...
On a limited budget there are two other options.
Buy secondhand, assume the battery is knackered and get it replaced.
Buy a kit and modify a bike yourself. .. very good bikes can be picked up at places like CEX for under 100, and a kit 300
Who builds it

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Who builds it
Why not yourself. ? In essence it involves replacing a backwheel. Probably mounting a battery pack, maybe putting on a carrier and routing a cable up to one of the brake handles, and replacing the brake handle. None of these things are beyond the wit of man, and as you know women have twice as much wits. d8veh, who frequents these pages, is an expert and I am sure would provide detailed guidance.
Otherwise you could discuss it with your local bikeshop