Hi all from durham.

pistolpete

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 5, 2018
durham
I bought a wisper bike back around 2012, possibly 2011, haven't done many miles on it and I'm getting a few problems with it .Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to give me some advice on the right route to go down. Thanks for having me!.

D

Deleted member 22539

Hi
I’m sure someone with the knowledge on your bike will be along soon
What’s wrong with it you haven’t mentioned that

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
Hi Fogo, my bikes about 6 years old and the battery indicator shows only 1 red and one green light, I looked at a few replies from other members and come to the conclusion that my battery's goosed. I'm looking for a replacement but wisper want a fortune to replace it and I don't use it as often as I'd like to so I was asking around try to find a cheaper alternative. I've dabbled withe the idea of making my own up but I'd be starting from scratch so any advise I could get from the vastly more experienced members would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
Welcome to the forums :D

From what I’ve seen most ebike replacement batteries are really expensive - especially when compared to a car battery!! :eek:

How much have you been quoted out of interest? :(

It may be a case of having to bite the bullet and maybe it may spur you on to use the bike a little more - to get your money’s worth from the battery!! :rolleyes:

Hope you sort things out @pistolpete :)

pistolpete

May 5, 2018
durham
£450 Park, iv ordered one off alien press for around £200, I don't use the bike as much as I'd like so I don't want to pay top dollar for a battery to sit about when I might only get out ò it half a dozen times in a year!

Reactions: Parky

Parky

Pedelecer
Apr 9, 2018
Kent
£450 Park, iv ordered one off alien press for around £200, I don't use the bike as much as I'd like so I don't want to pay top dollar for a battery to sit about when I might only get out ò it half a dozen times in a year!
Not as bad as £6 / 700 ish for a Bosch battery :confused:

Hope you get out to enjoy your bike soon :D