Hi All

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Been riding mountain bikes for some years, but age and the old worn out knees getting the better of me on some long days out. So I have just invested in the Voodoo Zobop Electric. Some serious piece of kit .. 170 miles done and like everyone says, brings a smile to your face :)

So wanted to pass that roadie on a big hill the other day and say "now you know what if feels like" but couldn't bring myseld to do it, so I just stayed on his rear wheel all the way up the hill..

Great forum and loads of useful info. David.jpg

D

Deleted member 22539

Hi welcome
I cycle to work a lot and on the way home on one of the big hills I often pass a roadie wearing my rigger boots and big baggy work trousers etc on my 22kg bike
lycra pffff.

ps. nice bike

Reactions: Altop1 and Parky
D

Deleted member 4366

Hi welcome
I cycle to work a lot and on the way home on one of the big hills I often pass a roadie wearing my rigger boots and big baggy work trousers etc on my 22kg bike
lycra pffff.

ps. nice bike
Don't overtake near the top of the hill because he'll get you on the way down. Sometimes it's better not to overtake. Just sit behind them and make a lot of noise so that they know you're there. Unfortunately, you have to derestrict your bike to have the best fun.

D

Deleted member 22539

Don't overtake near the top of the hill because he'll get you on the way down. Sometimes it's better not to overtake. Just sit behind them and make a lot of noise so that they know you're there. Unfortunately, you have to derestrict your bike to have the best fun.
Yeah its a bugger
But ive caught a few on the downs to , I normally spin out around 42mph ive also been blasted past as well

DavidWylie

Pedelecer
Apr 10, 2018
Leicestershire
Yea I knew if I had passed him he would have got me on the straight no problem ... Its just I have spent many years being passed by them on hills and you can tell they get a kick out of it :)
And is it me or dose it happen to anyone else .. I used to get the odd nod from a fellow cyclist (roadie) when crossing paths, but I now get looks from them like I am like something they have just stepped in when they see its a eMTB :)