Hi e-bikers, my new v-trek electric bike sold my old Cyclamatic

raymond

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Hi everyone what a great forum:eek:
just wanted to share my new purchase of a full suspension mountain bike that i bought last week. I have been looking for a good deal for electric bike to replace my old cyclamatic.
after 3 months of searching i have finally found it. a 36v full suspension mountain bike wooow it look great in the photos and even greater when it arrived.
the name is v-trek, [i am sure its an import but hey for 650 can't complain and many brand name bikes that sell for triple most of them are china import.... did my research] .saw it advertise on ukebid.com and also saw it on ebayuk.
it have front and back disc brake its fun riding to work but when you go off-road its becoming alive especially on a complicated downhill path.
this is a great bike for these who want the best deal for the money I have done my research some bikes are way way over priced. even if I had the money I wouldn't pay 2000 for an electric bike ?????? my cyclamtic was 24v battery and i paid 500 my new bike is 10 times the quality and 36v battery for 150 quid more....... :rolleyes:
will try to share a photo [hopefully it will work]

cheers
Raymond

delboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2011
I had one of these for a week, Sorry but built quality rubbish when compared to the Cyclamatic,
Battery held in but flimsy alloy strip & 1 screw, birdsnest of cables visible in your photo , coing through hole in frame unsealed against elements ,
lighting useless , shorted out & burnt all the cables out , heatproof sleeving, dont think so!, just disapeared, !!
sorry not convinced

C

Cyclezee

Ouch, a bit harsh delboy.
Hopefully Raymond will have better luck with his bike than you did with yours.

I see they are selling on eBay and I am sure David Miall would would not be happy that the word Wisper is being used in the title.

raymond

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Hi guys, hey Delboy you probably had the older model, I bought the 2012 model all I can tell you that this is a great bike and my mate is saving money to get one too, he is a professional mountain biker.
my cyclamatic was junk how can you even compare it......[old 24v battery cheap front shock, cheap components ]
I think its time that the prices for electric bikes go down not everyone can get a Wisper, I tested the Wisper once its a nice bike but I am more happy with my bike. wisper don't do full suspension bikes and if they did they would charge over 2000 quid for it... if all electric bike dealers will reduce the prices, more people would be able to buy them and choose not to drive cars to work or to the market and save the environment.

cheers
Raymond

here is a link for 100 ways to save the environment 100 Ways to Save the Environment

delboy

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 24, 2011
was latest model . last month , I will give you that front forks are better, but don't go over any bumps, or the battery may fly out !, frame very soft, mine had dents and paint chips on delivery, was touched up in china! found no difference in voltage performance, and I'm a heavy lad, bit like the bike!

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
I see they are selling on eBay and I am sure David Miall would would not be happy that the word Wisper is being used in the title.

Yes, I'm bound to say that's more than a little naughty. If the supplier has to resort to using the name of a well-respected ebike provider to attract interest, I would imagine his product has little to commend it.

Indalo

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
These have in fact been around for many years under different names. They originally had SLA (lead-acid) batteries, hence the long battery platform and the large gap between battery and rear wheel where the large SLA casing sat.

raymond

Just Joined
Aug 17, 2011
Hi guys

I don't know who you bought the bike from ? my v-trek is a great bike took it the bank holiday for some "off road play in the dirt" climbing rocks and downhill. didn't have any problem with the battery.

This is not a light bike, frame is very strong but you need it if you are going off road.
the front zoom is great didn't see any other electric bike with front zoom.
The 36v battery make a big difference, I think most serious electric bikes already moved to the 36v range.
and the most important is the price you get a lot of bike for the money only 650 quids:). Today I took it to work using the combination of pedals and battery maybe 25 miles distance, my battery indicator show 3 lines [full] if I had used the motor only it would probably show 2 lines
The paint is ok not amazing but anyway I want to do some custom painting on my bike I want to buy a airbrush spray kit and use some creativity, there are some nice videos of bike spray teaching on utube Bicycle Airbrushing Part 1 of 2 with graucho - YouTube

Have fun now winter is coming :(

cheers
raymond