Hi Fellow E-Bikers :)

Joe_Goes

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 27, 2016
Here's my pride and joy for the summer, had a dodgy battery that came with the bike and was hard to get hold of a new one, but eventually I did and I've been using it to commute to work for the whole of this week (7.2 mile round trip) Extremely happy with it though I think I'll need a comfier seat. Any tips on battery maintenence will be highly appriciated.

Specs: Chinese Knockoff of a brand named bike, NuVinci CVP system, 8Fun 250w motor, 36v 10ah Battery, Seat suspension has a lizard on it.

PS: Anyone here close to Orpington who can rebuild my old battery with 18650 cells?IMG_7472.JPG

Last edited:

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello Joe :)

Think you'll find the Lizard is just a logo on the Cane Creek Thudbuster.

Gaz

Reactions: Joe_Goes

Joe_Goes

Jan 27, 2016
This is my first E-bike the first battery gave me so much grief I had to replace it spending out a small fortune. I have taken the old battery casing off and on inspection found the outer to softpack cells are swollen, just want to make sense why? Weather, Possible BMS failure? shocks to the battery while riding? Has anyone here got this bike or its bigger brother? Forca Arrow.

Thanks for the info Gaz, it does the job very well. Highly recommended if your bike doesn't have rear suspension.

Attachments

D

Deleted member 22539

Ooh that looks like an expensive bike, treating you good so far? how long have you had it? Any issues?
Had it since last june
No issues yet but theres still time , lovely bike to ride and does everything i need of it so happy biker so far :)

Otas

Apr 21, 2018
Greater London
Hi, I can rebuild battery, I am in Stanmore, HA7. What cell configuration do you have? Interesting bike, any chance of a link to seller? Thanks!

Joe_Goes

Jan 27, 2016
Hi, I can rebuild battery, I am in Stanmore, HA7. What cell configuration do you have? Interesting bike, any chance of a link to seller? Thanks!
36v 10ah. Want to replace those soft pack cell with more durable 18650 cells. How much would it cost to get a battery pack made with good quality cells and bms?

I bought the bike off ebay couple of years ago... I've changed the tyres to BMX spec. I think its a Seagull bike selling on alibaba

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Seagull-20-inch-CE-EN15194-hot_1945691857.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.31.21697d8cqXy2Sj

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Otas

Otas

Apr 21, 2018
Greater London
Your existing battery is 260x93x61mm. Is there space for 70mm instead of 61mm? If yes, than I can make 36V 18650 battery 10S5P with excellent Panasonic cells and BMS with 15.5Ah capacity. Cost £265.

Joe_Goes

Jan 27, 2016
Your existing battery is 260x93x61mm. Is there space for 70mm instead of 61mm? If yes, than I can make 36V 18650 battery 10S5P with excellent Panasonic cells and BMS with 15.5Ah capacity. Cost £265.
I think there will be space as the original battery was wrapped in a lot of soft rubber foam, I'll take the case into work tomorrow and take some measurements. Other thing is will I be able to charge it using my existing charger? I think it charges at 42v 2amps. If I send you the case will you assemble everything in it for me? I noticed when I was taking the case apart the didn't even use the 20amp fuse that is accessible from the outside!. I'm new here so I'll send you a private message if I can with my number and will sort it from there.

Otas

Apr 21, 2018
Greater London
I think there will be space as the original battery was wrapped in a lot of soft rubber foam, I'll take the case into work tomorrow and take some measurements. Other thing is will I be able to charge it using my existing charger? I think it charges at 42v 2amps. If I send you the case will you assemble everything in it for me? I noticed when I was taking the case apart the didn't even use the 20amp fuse that is accessible from the outside!. I'm new here so I'll send you a private message if I can with my number and will sort it from there.
OK, please do that.

Joe_Goes

Jan 27, 2016
Quick update guys, my old battery case and charger is been shipped to Otas and he's in the process of building the battery with modern more powerful Panasonic NCR18650PF cells (50 OF THE LITTLE BEASTS) Waiting patiently now for Otas to build and throughly test before shipping. Cant wait to try it out. Exciting times :)

Attachments