Hi folks hope all is well in your world.

Need some advice please from your group. Think I need to replace my full kit of electrics on my mission industrial trike. Any suggestions please. My trike is heavy, done almost 3000 on this battery but now having problems so think its time to replace the whole lot.
Any suggestions please. ASAP if possible needs doing urgently as no transport to and from work, costing a fortune in taxis.

D

Deleted member 4366

What kit did you have before? Were you happy with it? What performance characteristics do you want?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Before condemning your current kit can you explain the issues you had or are having with it.

Need some advice please from your group. Think I need to replace my full kit of electrics on my mission industrial trike. Any suggestions please. My trike is heavy, done almost 3000 on this battery but now having problems so think its time to replace the whole lot.
Any suggestions please. ASAP if possible needs doing urgently as no transport to and from work, costing a fortune in taxis.
Think it is a 36v, 9amp? think there may be a problem with the front wheel motor and connections. Cant afford for it to be un reliable so thinking to replace the whole of the electrics.

Before condemning your current kit can you explain the issues you had or are having with it.
no power to front motor, sent battery away, then told it need a throttle, then , LCD display , came back still not working . Its a mess not had a trike for a month now, miss it. Have a stressful job its my way of leaving work behind when I finished my night duty , helps me to exercise and saves me money normally.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
What is the battery chemistry, SLA car type, Lithium ?

Hub motors are usually reliable and only stop working if they are abused or if the wiring is shorted. Though you can burn them out/overheat them depending on the rpm and usage.
If its been working ok and over a short time or it has slowly been a simple loss of power then the most common issue is the battery deteriorating.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Has been ok for last 3 years, need a good battery as the trike is very heavy(industrial) and have a long not to steep hill to climb.
Where on the S/Coast are you ?
May be a member with some working knowledge may be able to have a look at it for you to fathom the issue out ?

D

Deleted member 4366

Jill, you need to show us what you have before we can give you suitable advice. There's loads of different Mission trikes with different size wheels, different brakes and all sorts of different things that are important when choosing a kit.

Do you ride it without pedalling?
How heavy are you?

Jill, you need to show us what you have before we can give you suitable advice. There's loads of different Mission trikes with different size wheels, different brakes and all sorts of different things that are important when choosing a kit.

Do you ride it without pedalling?
How heavy are you?
Hi mission industrial trike. Im a heavy rider . Last kit was great but at £700 plus to replace can not afford to do so. Any suggestions, its a 24 inch wheel. Never ride without peddling.

What is the battery chemistry, SLA car type, Lithium ?

Hub motors are usually reliable and only stop working if they are abused or if the wiring is shorted. Though you can burn them out/overheat them depending on the rpm and usage.
If its been working ok and over a short time or it has slowly been a simple loss of power then the most common issue is the battery deteriorating.
Lithium, wiring has a cage over it to stop any damage , the deal did this for me.

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
Have a look on the last page or 2 of brexit thread (don,t bother reading it)..you,ll see whoosh as posted..click on his name or avatar..an send him a message.

D

Deleted member 4366

Please provide a link to your exact trike or show us a clear photo as requested.