Hi from IOM

PeteIOM

Just Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Isle of Man
I've been riding mtb's for a good few years now, mostly fair weather it has to be said.

I recently decided (4 months ago) I could do more to reduce my carbon footprint. I have a daily drive to work and home that clocks up 30 miles and in my "classic" M3 it's not the most environmentally friendly.
Left the car on the drive and bought a Bus Saver ticket 4 months ago.
Currently "saved" 2500+ miles in the car and a heap of petrol money.
The bus is ok, but its a mile round trip walk to catch it and the times just aren't that helpful.
During the summer months I ride to work occasionally but in the winter it's just to cold to put the effort in on climbs etc so I decided to buy an eMTB.
I'm a big lad at 124kg and 6'3 I'm totally aware that I'm asking alot of the battery to give me any decent mileage but so far I'm getting enough with plenty of spare.
My daily route is 15 miles on road in the morning then 10 miles off road 5 miles road on the way home.
I'm hoping the exercise is going to shave some weight off which will make me healthier and prolong my battery usage upload_2018-3-13_11-9-8.gif

I'm currently riding a BMC TE01 XTR hardtail as my "normal" bike and a Scott e-Scale 740 29er (Bosch Performance Line CX with 500w Pack) as my pedal assist.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Pete,

We have sold a few Big Bears to customers in IOM. It may suit your commute better than your Scott e-Scale. If you want to try it out, let me know.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bigbear