Hi from Kent

Sandgrouse

Just Joined
May 28, 2018
New to ebikeing. Had an old bike in the shed doing nothing, so bought a ebike kit. Build went ok, just waiting for brake levers from seller. Can't wait to get going

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
Sounds interesting
I’m unsure if to build or buy
How did your build go
Complications etc

Sandgrouse

Just Joined
May 28, 2018
Hi
Sounds interesting
I’m unsure if to build or buy
How did your build go
Complications etc
Hi Mr Rat.
Thanks for your post.
Just finished the build tonight.
The assembly in the main is quite straightforward. you need a good cycle tool kit. Biggest problem is getting the left hand pedal arm off the crankshaft so that you can fit the pedelec device. Tool is supplied with my kit, but still very tight to get off.
Second challenge is modifying the torque arm to fit the bike (you must not neglect this part). I had to grind a cutout to clear the enlarged part of my front fork and slot the screw hole a bit with a small round file. See picture, (bike is upside-down)
Apart from that it is very easy. but you will almost definitely have to modify some parts of the conversion
A very satisfying project. Will let you know how the first ride goes

Attachments

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Nice job
Thanks for the insight and definitely keep us posted on the maiden voyage

Sandgrouse

Just Joined
May 28, 2018
Nice job
Thanks for the insight and definitely keep us posted on the maiden voyage
First run today with my 250W front wheel conversion kit. Got my pedelec reed sensor round the wrong way, looked an absolute prat pedalling backwards to make it go. Fixed the obvious error, and took it for a 5 mile run. Did not even show any reduction on the battery indicator. Quite enough power for me, only had the pedelec power on 3 of 5. Very pleased indeed.

Reactions: Parky and Fat Rat