Hi from Liverpool and a big thanks to "onmebike" for posting the 24hr sale last week

jcubbin

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 30, 2011
Liverpool
Hi all,

I've been toying with the idea of getting an electric bike for the past two months but couldn't really justify the cost of it. I was originally looking into getting a Kudos King or their carbon version of it but didn't get a chance to go and try one out and didn't want to purchase my first bike without doing so. I then started looking more and more at the cyclamatic power plus and after reading the many positive reviews on amazon about it i decided i would definitely purchase it if it ever dropped down to £399 again. Luckily enough when i viewed the forums last week onmebike had posted a message about there being a sale at SportsHQ, it was a day or two late by the time i'd seen the post but the discount code still worked and i managed to order one.

The bike arrived on monday about 6 p.m and i had it asembled and ready to go by 7, only problem was the battery wasn't charged fully and ended up taking a few hours before it was fully charged. Once charged i took the bike for a little go up and down the road which soon turned in to a good few miles along a cycle lane close to home and then around the estate, first impressions were very good. Left the car at home the following day and used the bike to commute to work for two consecuitive days, ha ha what a great feeling over taking one or two other cyclists with so little effort.

Would you believe i got a puncture on the first day but i had put a can of tyreweld in my rucksack so that was quickly fixed about three miles in to my first real trip to work. Trip home after a full days work was fantastic, so easy and a pleasure to easily cycle some of the more awkwards parts of my usual cycle home on a regular bike. Second day was much the same but on the way home another puncture, tried tyreweld, no good, squirting out of the tyre everywhere. had to push the bike for a bit and then when i got to look at the inner tube there was a huge shard of glass still stuck in the tyre. Inner tube was totally destroyed from this and the running flat and looks like i need a new tyre aswell. Gutted as i was thoroughly enjoying using the bike. I'll have to have a good look through previous posts about how to remove the rear wheel without damaging it and then replace the tyre and tube at the weekend.

Very happy with the bike itself though, i'm 39 with a bad back and bad knee and this bike should get me in to the cycling once again, only complaints are what everyone else talks about - the front brake being very noisy and the handle bars could be a bit higher even after adjusting but other than that i'm happy with it. I'm sure i'll be getting another higher spec bike in the near future but this one i could pass to the missus i'm sure.

anyway thanks for listening
Joe