Hi from Luton

Phil electric

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 7, 2018
Luton UK
Hello all , I purchased a Haibike SDURO Cross 4.0 Crossbar in November 2017 after trying several bikes including a £1000 halfords bike (with motor in rear wheel)

I am hoping the bike will last me 10 yrs till I retire going back/forth to work.

But so far I am not impressed, the rear wheel sensor appeared to fail but the shop replaced both the control unit and the sensor so I don't know which was at fault (but I strongly think its the sensor)

The bolts holding the handlebars on are going rusty.

and I've already had a puncture in my puncture resistant tyres!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise the bike is brilliant at going up the very steep hill on my way home from work (which is what I bought it for!!!)

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
Hi Phil and (guessing there aren't too many members here from Beds district), welcome!

I do the old railway Sustrans route 6 from Welwyn through Luton up to Leighton Buzzard now and then... with diversions up and around the back of the airport via the Plane-Spotter camp, Kings/St Pauls Walden, Codicote etc... Nice quiet country lanes where the Queen Mother grew up!

There're a few e-bikes to be seen in the territory - A few Carreras, Kalkhoff, ave, a couple of Bosch-powered bikes... but can't say I've seen any Haibikes yet... so I'll look out for yours!