Hi from Perthshire.

Euphony

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 22, 2017
Scotland
Hi all,
I've decided I need to get in some kind of shape other than oval. I am a wee while post-transplant (kidney) I feel great and now need to combat the steroid poundage added since. I've never been a cyclist but enjoy the outdoors, fresh air and a good walk but I thought cycling would help more and faster. So, I've just bought a Giant escape 2 hybrid electric bike that's 2 years old but was only used once and has 2.1 miles on the odometer. The purchaser had apparently thought it was a "throttle type bike", realised it wasn't and put it in his garage and promptly forgot about it. My only concern with the bike itself is whether the battery will have lost condition but I'll get a spare somewhere just in case. I'll put the bike in to get a full check-over and service at my local bike shop before the adventure begins though.
I know forums are brilliant sources of info and tips as I use them for my motorhome and classic cars so I look forward to picking up some gems here as I shed the pounds.

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Greetings Euphony :)

That's what you call low mileage!

Why not just check the nuts and bolts are tight, lube the chain, charge it, get on it, and ride it?:D

Gaz