Hi, i have CFS, wondering if an ebike is right for me and which type?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does your leg not get in the way of seeing traffic with that little mirror on your fork?
If I angle it correctly no, it just gives me enough of a glimpse behind before I have a proper shufti over my shoulder.

RoverT

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 5, 2015
Hey dudes! I managed to find a nice deal on a Cyclotricity for 1000w for less than the kit! Looking to close the deal, I know the bike is 24kg but has anyone ridden the Stealth with the PAS alone?Given the weight, i may struggle but it's an excellent price for a clearly decent ebike.

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Hey dudes! I managed to find a nice deal on a Cyclotricity for 1000w for less than the kit! Looking to close the deal, I know the bike is 24kg but has anyone ridden the Stealth with the PAS alone?Given the weight, i may struggle but it's an excellent price for a clearly decent ebike.
Don't buy it, it's direct drive.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Direct drive motors are not very good climbers and add considerable resistance when turned off.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Geared drives will be equally better as you don't have to throw larger amps or batteries at them for a lighter kit.
Kit wise although a freewheel one is the 48v Bafang one from Woosh, will give good speed if required and good torrque less can be more when you compare geared hubs and D/D hubs.
Or if you are able to get to Southend let Woosh fit the kit for a modest fee.

RoverT

Jul 5, 2015
Direct drive motors are not very good climbers and add considerable resistance when turned off.
That's what I was curious about with the weight...Would I need to use PAS/throttle all the time? Cause i couldn't deal with a 26kg bike...

D

Deleted member 4366

The 1000w Cyclotricity is not bad regarding power. At low speed, its similar to a 250w geared motor, but when the speed increases, the power does too, where it will blitz the hub motor.

The main drawbacks are that you can't really pedal them when the power runs out, and the motors are pretty inefficient at low speed, so range is pretty low - typically around 12 miles with the 11.6Ah battery (or whatever Ah it is).

RoverT

Jul 5, 2015
Geared drives will be equally better as you don't have to throw larger amps or batteries at them for a lighter kit.
Kit wise although a freewheel one is the 48v Bafang one from Woosh, will give good speed if required and good torrque less can be more when you compare geared hubs and D/D hubs.
Or if you are able to get to Southend let Woosh fit the kit for a modest fee.
Yeah, i'm not confident enough to fit one of those kits. At least the cyclo kits are relatively simple which is why I was considering the kit. I mean the Stealth has everything; disc brakes etc. It's a much better bike than my Kona for less than the price of a kit so...

RoverT

Jul 5, 2015
The 1000w Cyclotricity is not bad regarding power. At low speed, its similar to a 250w geared motor, but when the speed increases, the power does too, where it will blitz the hub motor.

The main drawbacks are that you can't really pedal them when the power runs out, and the motors are pretty inefficient at low speed, so range is pretty low - typically around 12 miles with the 11.6Ah battery (or whatever Ah it is).
That's the point its dual motor, I'd be using the 250w to commute, the 1000w for off-road or as and when, I know it's gonna be hard not to run in 1000w
mode though...

RoverT

Jul 5, 2015
Hey guys, what do people use to send ebikes in the UK? We're having a big issue finding a courier but I'm thinking what do people who sell used ebikes use? Thought I may as well ask before cancelling the sale...

topographer

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 13, 2017
Mid Yorkshire
Try Tuffnells:

'Do you offer a delivery service for heavy weights?

Yes. We don’t have set limits because every delivery is different. We handle pallets up to 1000kg, and parcels of unusual weights and shapes are no problem for us. Please call your local depot for an accurate quote and confirmation.'

RoverT

Jul 5, 2015
Thanks. Tuffnells courier said it would cost £400 cause of the battery...

Ended up getting a decent quote from direct courier solutions so yay! Thought it was gonna be a no go...