Hi I'm Rob, I live near Stafford in England but I also live part of the year in Lanzarote

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Yes it is a juddering type noise have checked all the connections in the control box and they ok the wire that goes into the wheel itself looks a little frayed but I don't think I can get to the connections inside the wheel

D

Deleted member 4366

If the wires are frayed, that's it. Repair is virtually impossible. The motor itself will be OK.

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi Rob. Apologies for the delay in replying but haven't been very well. Glad you got the Cyclamatic sorted, & you're welcome :)
As far as the UM goes, I would be tempted to pull it apart & see if anything can be done, as you have nothing to lose... Good luck if you go for it.
Regards, Mark

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
IMG_2211.JPG Hi Mark
Managed to get the UM going still a little bit juddery at times but not much I would say it was probably a bad connection somewhere cleaned and sprayed with water repellent and it seems ok
In another point I seem to have lost a small collar connected from the battery charger I have attached a photo the one sticking out is loose but there is another one missing ant ideas where I could buy one ?
Regards Rob

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi Rob,
Glad you got the UM going again.
I haven't found a plug like that as yet, but will keep looking. Though it just occurred to me - is that the same as the one in your old cyclamatic battery? If so,maybe you could take it out & attach it to the cable from the charger? Just a thought...
Regards, Mark

Last edited:

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi Rob,
I haven't found a plug like that as yet, but will keep looking. Though it just occurred to me - is that the same as the one in your old cyclamatic battery? If so,maybe you could take it out & attach it to the cable from the charger? Just a thought...
Regards, Mark
Hi Rob,
If you haven't sorted a new charger plug yet, how about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162440632513
Regards Mark

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Hi Rob,
If you haven't sorted a new charger plug yet, how about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162440632513
Regards Mark
Hi Mark, that looks great will buy one not having any trouble with charging at the moment but worth having the spare.
I have inherited a bike with a Panasonic battery I don't fhink the battery works and seems not to be recharging is there anyway to test it
Cheers and thanks Rob

Attachments

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi Mark, that looks great will buy one not having any trouble with charging at the moment but worth having the spare.
I have inherited a bike with a Panasonic battery I don't fhink the battery works and seems not to be recharging is there anyway to test it
Cheers and thanks Rob
Hi Rob,
What reading,if any, are you getting from the output terminals?
It's possible that there is one or more weak cells causing the bms not to allow charging, or the bms isn't working for some other reason.
If you dismantle the case and take readings from the bms where the connector attaches the sense wires to it, that should give you an idea of the health of the cells, or where the problem may be.
There's lots on the forum on the subject (including my own recent questions ).
Always happy to help if I can:)
Regards, Mark

Wanderer

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Stafford
Hi Rob,
Regards, Mark
Hi Mark
Got in contact with Keith at urbanmover.com he was a great help said that in all his years had never known a motor to go so must be the controller, he posted a new controller to me in Lanzarote it cost al in all about £95 but it all works fine now like a new bike, the mrs is very happy and that always helps!

Cheers Rob

mw1

Pedelecer
Apr 15, 2014
Hull, E.Yorks
Hi Mark
Got in contact with Keith at urbanmover.com he was a great help said that in all his years had never known a motor to go so must be the controller, he posted a new controller to me in Lanzarote it cost al in all about £95 but it all works fine now like a new bike, the mrs is very happy and that always helps!

Cheers Rob
Hi Rob,
Glad it's all sorted once and for all now :)
That contact at Urban Mover could come in handy as I have a few UM10 controllers with LCD display , that came without the speed sensors. I have a "universal" speed sensor to try out, but may need some pointers! (Unless anyone here knows how to do it...)
All the best,
Mark