Hi. I'm Trish

Trish1997

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Crewe
I've had electric bikes for around 8 years now. I currently have a whoosh folding electric bike and have a problem with the battery key not fully turning to the on position. Any help please?
I can turn the key to engage the pin to the locked position in the hole in the plate on the bike where the Battery goes but the key will not turn another notch to turn the electrics on, on the bike. It's still under warranty but I'm in Spain until April and I bought the bike in the UK. I would like to use it before returning to the UK so I would appreciate some help in getting it working. I'm missing my rides! Thanks to all who reply.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the lock has two parts, the mechanical lock and the switch which is turned by a peg molded to the lock cylinder.
Replacing both parts is best but you will need a soldering iron to detach the two wires from the old lock and resolder them to the new lock. If you wish to do that, email support@wooshbikes.co.uk - we can send the new lock to where you are in Spain.
If you only want to do a temporary repair, it is possible to detach the switch part and turn it on with a flat blade screwdriver. Again, email support for guidance.

Reactions: Gaz

Trish1997

Just Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Crewe
Thanks for the reply. I rang whoosh yesterday and a nice man called Jim spoke to me but couldn't resolve my problem and that Andy would ring me on Monday to advise. I'll ask him what to do then. Seems there is a away I can use my bike in the meantime.thanks again.