Hi. Just joined up. I get my Trek Powerfly 5 FS on Wednesday.

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Hi John

Welcome, you'll love the bike.

When you want to get the Mrs out invest in one of these:-

Reactions: LeighPing

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
Hi, Wander and thanks for the greeting.
I have actually fitted a mid drive conversion to our tandem which works very well and has been instrumental in my going for the Trek Powerfly. I am looking forward to seeing what range I can manage. To my surprise, we have managed more than 100 miles on one bike charge riding in the hilly UK Yorkshire Dales, taking care to use the assist only on the more challenging inclines.

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
Err, I'll come clean and admit that the 100 miles was in two separate journeys. I did achieve one of my bucket lists last September in cycling Land's End to John O'Groats with my daughter, and I was not the oldest in the group!

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Hello John :)

Welcome aboard, and a happy birthday for Sunday :D

Gaz

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Err, I'll come clean and admit that the 100 miles was in two separate journeys. I did achieve one of my bucket lists last September in cycling Land's End to John O'Groats with my daughter, and I was not the oldest in the group!
.... As we would say fair play to you.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
My youngest daughter did it too, but not with me.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
I have cycled all my life and look forward to getting back on routes in the Yorkshire Dales that I have previously cycled on a non powered bike. I am 71 years young on Sunday, and enjoy road cycling and doing rides with my wife on our tandem.

JohnF

Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2017
Ilkley
Just reporting back on my experiences of e mountain biking. After a first very squelchy and muddy first ride on the moors and Mastiles Lane above Malham, I kept to known stonier tracks up onto Ilkley Moor. Yesterday after 3 days of sunshine, I climbed up onto Embsay Moor above Wharfedale and down into Cracoe, returning via some very wet stuff from Halton Heights above Halton East into Bolton Abbey.
The ride was a real blast. I reckon anyone who tries an eMTB will never go back to an unassisted one. Just such a joy to keep up a good pace high on the hills with the confidence to have the power in reserve when needed. The Bosch motor is really sophisticated in function. When, as happened once yesterday, I hit a deep pit of peaty mud and stopped dead, it was quite a tussle pulling the heavy bike out of the quagmire. However, as hoped, the motor has given me another chance to enjoy off roading, and I look forward to many more trips this spring and summer.

Retyred1

Pedelecer
Oct 16, 2016
NZ
Hi John, welcome to the forum. Never seen a Powerfly before but by coincidence I was in my local bike shop yesterday and noticed these great looking bikes, had a closer look and they were Powerflys. Just in the shop a couple of days earlier.

Really impressed with the build quality - as good as I've seen but I'm no expert. They only had FS models so wouldn't suit my type of terrain or riding style but they were great lookers.

All the best with your purchase and hope it performs as great as it looks.