Hi, just joined

Gruff60

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 15, 2017
Snowdonia, North Wales
Hi I'm Gruff, I live in the Snowdonia national park, North Wales. Just got myself an E-bike 2 weeks ago, so far so good. The bike I bought is a Bergamont Revox 6.0 with a Bosch Performance line motor, ve!ry impressed with it so far. Been up the mountains here almost daily since I've had it, hills are not a problem anymore. Only one small mishap so far, the battery fell off whilst speeding down a very rough track, but all seemed ok when I replaced the battery. I'm not sure if its a design fault or maybe it was my fault.
Thanks for letting my join. Cheers!

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
Evening Gruff, and welcome :)

Bit of a sod about the battery, but if it's not happened since I'd look for someone to blame! :rolleyes:

Gaz

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Hi Gruff, Welcome to the forum. I bought a cover for my battery and didn't click it into place on bike and it nearly fell off. Just double check it's secure before you set off. :)

• Informative

Gruff60

Feb 15, 2017
Snowdonia, North Wales
Hi again, thanks for the welcome.
Hi Leigh, the battery does lock into place and has a key but I'm starting to think it was my fault, as I'm new to the bike maybe I didn't make sure it was sitting correctly. Have been back on the same track and nothing fell off....lol.
So I think Gaz and Steve are probably right, I need to check everything is secure before I go out. Nice and sunny here, so I'm off up the mountains again now. Cheers!

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Hi I'm Gruff, I live in the Snowdonia national park, North Wales. Just got myself an E-bike 2 weeks ago, so far so good. The bike I bought is a Bergamont Revox 6.0 with a Bosch Performance line motor, ve!ry impressed with it so far. Been up the mountains here almost daily since I've had it, hills are not a problem anymore. Only one small mishap so far, the battery fell off whilst speeding down a very rough track, but all seemed ok when I replaced the battery. I'm not sure if its a design fault or maybe it was my fault.
Thanks for letting my join. Cheers!
Had same problem on my first jaunt. I use a bungy cord for added friction to hold it in place never fell out since. I think the locking mechanism needs adjusting or bedding in.

• Informative

Gruff60

Feb 15, 2017
Snowdonia, North Wales
Hi Danidl, thanks for your reply, I've had no problems since but yesterday I put a Velcro strap around it just in case. I still think it might have been my fault for not making sure it had clicked fully into place, time will tell.
Cheers!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can adjust the mounts a bit if it is not fitting right the top one ;)