Hi old timer here, need for an assisted power?

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
My retro specialized is making friends with the 8 legged bunch who live in the shed. One new knee! and another due next week?

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
Y Fenni - the cheese or the place?:rolleyes:

Get a hub motor with pas, great if the knees get painful 'cos you can just gently rotate the pedals and get home on the motor.

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
Y Fenni - the cheese or the place?:rolleyes:

Get a hub motor with pas, great if the knees get painful 'cos you can just gently rotate the pedals and get home on the motor.
Thanks for that?
I am from Becky James country. I have been riding the same routes, long before she was born? (Not track).
So I am 50% composite will be 100% next week, with a painful recovery. Finding it hard to get my leg over the spiders friend, looking at getting a fat folder (touring caravan owner). Found a nice one supplied from Buckley N Wales?

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
I had theFatMini for 12 days until it was recalled. Had a full refund, so I am looking for a folding ebike.
Interested in a Volt Metro LS, with large battery. Seen one in a dealers in Cheltenham it is cream in colour. I want a black one!
Is this a good bike?
Any thoughts anyone, before I part with the cash.

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
I had theFatMini for 12 days until it was recalled. Had a full refund, so I am looking for a folding ebike.
Interested in a Volt Metro LS, with large battery. Seen one in a dealers in Cheltenham it is cream in colour. I want a black one!
Is this a good bike?
Any thoughts anyone, before I part with the cash.
That must have been very disappointing.

Why was it recalled?

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
I have had the Volt Metro LS, for 6 weeks. Just had it's first free service, couple of issues sorted, and a clean bill of health.
When I purchased it I opted for the XL battery (80+ miles), not that I am going to do that sort of distances, but because I am heavier than the 11 stone weight calculation used to give distances v batery power, hope it gives me a range of about 30+ miles. Adding to that I had fitted Mad Mike tyres (not standard) so the resistance will increase. (Why you ask). I intend to use canal paths, when the weather breaks!
Purchased a rack bag, but changed to a hard box. Found bag to floppy for its contense (tubes, Co2, tools/ leavers Abus chain for fitted factory lock) also some carbon effect scratch stickers.
Very pleased with the bike.
I will give you feedback on what distance realistically achieved.

Dave Y Fenni

Pedelecer
Dec 6, 2017
Y Fenni
With the weather good today. I have been out for a long ride. Not long as others on this site, but longer than I have been, since having the eBike. One thing I had forgotten about BUGS, loads of them. Don't know if the high viz attracts them, but when stopped plastered in this moving mess! I suppose that they have been waiting for the better weather same as me. Must get a bottle of bug spray!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Bugs don't bother me, keep mouth closed and wear shades.
Did have a couple of bumbles bounce off my face and lid today.