Hi signing in to forum for the first time

Nick4266

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 12, 2018
Bristol
I have just returned to cycling after a few years break following several injuries to achilles, calf and knee. My old bike was gathering dust in the garage but I didn't think I could manage my 15 mile commute on it with my knees in such a dodgy state, so I took the plunge and bought a Carrera E Crossfire from Halfords as part of the Cycle to Work scheme.

I have to say I've been very impressed with it so far having covered 75 miles to and from work. It eats up the hills easily and my commute time is only 15 minutes longer than driving the car (says alot about the traffic issues in Bristol).

The only thing that has stumped me so far which hopefully someone can help with, is how do you reset the Trip on the control unit. I assumed that turning the control unit off would reset it, but it continues to clock up the miles so that the trip mileage and the overall mileage are the same. Disconnecting the battery makes no difference either. I'm sure there must be an easy answer to this but I can't find it.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Long press + & - for up to 10secs to see if the display flashes then press + or on/off button until odo comes up then try -- to see if it resets.
There are a few Crossfire owners on here so you might get a more definite answer.

Nick4266

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 12, 2018
Bristol
Long press + & - for up to 10secs to see if the display flashes then press + or on/off button until odo comes up then try -- to see if it resets.
There are a few Crossfire owners on here so you might get a more definite answer.
Thanks for the reply. After looking through the forum I noticed someone had posted a user guide to the control unit. Hidden away in there was the answer. Press the -ve key and the info key at the same time for 1/2 second. Yet to prove if this works but hopeful.

TomL

Just Joined
Jan 18, 2018
Gloucestershire
Yes I found that user guide online too, would have been handy if Halfords gave you ANY documentation, but they didn't which surprised me, so that was a very useful download. The reset does work!