Hi there, newbie calling

Kenno

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 6, 2018
Hi,new on here, just purchased a CUBE reaction Race hybrid 500. I have bought this for several reasons, all of which seem to be quite common to others, fitness, ease of use etc My main reason however was, after an initial try out on a hire bike, in Keswick I then hired one whilst in France, it allowed me, an overweight 62, soon to be 63 year old chap, to ride, with no drama, to the top of the Alpe d'Huez, alongside my son on his Ribble Carbon road bike. For years now we have travelled to France, where he has completed several of the major climbs around Bourg d'Oisans/Maureinne valley, then onwards to Provence for numerous single and triple ascents of theVentoux, with me in my car in support. Well now it's possible for me to get a taste of these climbs too, and be in good shape at the top. last week we were back home in the Lake District, and we both climbed Newlands and then Winlatter together. I love it, but after originally looking to buy the Hybrid One, I am very soon going to replace the Smart Sam tyres, good as they are, with more road orientated tyres, possibly Big Apples @ 29" x 2.25/2.35.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi
Welcome

Just realised I had replied to the other thread in the introduction section that was also yours
So welcome twice :)