Hi there

Cephalotus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 22, 2017
Germany
Greetings from Germany...

I don't have a car and ride some pedelecs. I started with electrication about 7 or 8 years ago:

I mostly bought used stuff or new things at very high discount rates.

A 15kg city bike with Cute 85 front motor and modified KU63 controller for a pedelec legal throttle use...

stadtpedelec05.jpg

An almost 25 year old steel frame bike with elfKW (XinFeng) front motor and mmc-3 pre controller and spike tires for winter use (my first pedelec)

Winterpedelec01.jpg

A 29" MTB that I use with normal rear wheel or BionX SL rear wheel.

HSP01.jpg

HSP02.jpg

A 28" cross / trekking bike that I use with normal rear wheel or BionX SL rear wheel (shown here without motor)

3.jpg

A 28" s-Pedelec (45km/h legal) from Diamant that originally came with a BionX SL and that I'm upgrading with a BionX d-Series (I'm in the process to get a legal certification for the d-motor...)

d-Motor_Supreme.jpg

I also have a "guest bike" that can be ridden with a BionX, too and da Dahon Flo "pocketable" MTB that also has no motor option yet...

My girl friend owns just one Pedelec (unbelievable!), an old steel frame 26" MTB updated with a BionX SL:
Specialized1.jpg

Planed projects for 2017 include some BionX battery upgrades (I want to built some lightweight 48V or 41V batteries with the housing of the old BinX compact 22V batteries and some cell upgrades to my s-Pedelec batteries)

I also want to try a solar bike trailer with a Genasun charger and up to 6 Lensun "flexible" 50W solar modules. Those components I already have sitting around idle, I'm still searching for a trailer, maybe a Tout Terrain Mule.
It's just a fun project (Germany is not that sunny, well, maybe compared to UK...) and inspired by
https://www.thesuntrip.com/ which have some great long distance ebike tours/races only powered by solar energy.

Kind regards

Attachments

Last edited:

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
Wow that's quite a collection.
Welcome from the not too sunny uk.
We get a lot of rain here so don't try solar panels.
What about a velomobile, good for fitting panels and very low drag to make best use of the energy.

Cephalotus

Finding my (electric) wheels
Mar 22, 2017
Germany
Maybe some day I will try a (folding) trike. I live in the city and there is little room for more bikes left, let alone a velomobile. I'm a (not so active) member of the German velomobilforum since many years. If I would live in a less urban region I would like to try one.

Rain is not sooo bad. I use my bikes for my daily commute to work and I ride in almost any weather...

I'm (sadly) neither an electronics expert nor a bike technician, but I like to try to fix or improve and measure some things and I also have some tools, components and stuff around, mainly for the BionX system...

A few random pictures

pedelec_2_ku63mod.jpg

2013_Cute01.jpg

BMS_1.jpg

BionX_SL_offen.jpg

BionxD_sPed_Test.jpg

130811_bionx_reku.jpg

BionX_d_thermal2_K.jpg

NCR18650PF.jpg

IR_18650PF_1A5_Laden.jpg