Hi to all existing members.

I live in Worthing and am fairly new to electric bikes.I have just ordered a new bike as my trike would have cost too much to repair.I am now awaiting a e tourer ,as I have very little money ,and could not afford to replace my trike(heart broken). Mt problem is I am 50 years old and only learnt to ride a bike about 18 months ago.I have choosen the e tourer as they are doing extended warrenty and they will pick the bike up from home, great for me as I cant get it too a shop if any thing major goes wrong.I am looking to find a group locally that will teach me basic bike repairs and how to generally look after my bike.I envy the children who live here (new comer to area) as they ride with such confidence almost as soon as they learn to walk.I do not drive and due to no bus service that will get me to work (nights) this is the best solution for me. I travel about 8-10 miles a day with just one long not to steep hill. I find the gears hard to understand but hopefully will get to grips with this soon.My other half will be glad to not have to ferry me around for much longer. Will give update on the bike and my progress (hopefully).

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Hi Jill and welcome to the forum.

Please do report back on your experiences with your new bike. Information is the life-blood of forums like this and although no substitute for getting down and dirty with the innards of bikes, there's lots of little gems which can be gleaned from the experience of others.

That's three good moves you've made now:

1) Moving to the south coast.

2) Buying an electric bike.

3) Joining this forum.

I hope you continue to enjoy all of those choices in the future.

Regards,
Indalo

C

Cyclezee

I have just ordered a new bike as my trike would have cost too much to repair.I am now awaiting a e tourer ,as I have very little money ,and could not afford to replace my trike(heart broken).
Hi Jill,

You obviously love your trike, how badly broken is it and have you considered converting it to electric with a kit?

Thanks for the welcome.

It is a powerbyke electric trike ,just to costly to repair.So I had to make a decision, makes me want to cry to see it go .:mad: It has broken down lots of times and finding someone near to collect and fix just proving too hard.Any one frightened of the traffic or with balance problems, who doesnt like to ride in wet weather then a trike is for you.Only time I didnt use was when the snow was on the ground, great for carrying shopping.Still got it any suggestions?:rolleyes: