Hi total newby from hull

Labs

Just Joined
May 12, 2018
Hull
Hi pedelcs I've had passion for MTB through my teens and now I would like to modify my old specialized and get an electric motor for my daily travels

I'm not gonna post much incase I get stick for asking the dumbest questions so I'll be more of lurker ..

I do want to get a motor for my bike but not sure if it's possible nor sure where to start lol ..

JPGiant

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 3, 2017
West Yorkshire
Don't be shy, we all lurked initially.
Post your height, weight, physical condition, special needs etc and what you intend to use the bike for, distance to cover and the terrain involved.
There're loads of people on here who love to help.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Woosh

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Every member on here started off knowing nothing about ebikes at some point, so there are no dumb questions, ask away. :)

Labs

Just Joined
May 12, 2018
Hull
Thanks for warm welcome buddies

My hight is 5ft.11

Weight is 13 stone

My back has recently gone I've had few injections and the epidural caused nerve damage to my thigh and find it hard and painful to ride some days .

The motor is mainly for cheating when summer time me and three some times more buddies ride around the city for the day :D I'm not as able and every year I'm getting weaker but find it hard to walk much so biking is all I can do ..

Was a very fit lad like a shire horse and been put to a stable for life is horrible and finally can ride my bike and my dignity is back a bit because I can do something.. and if I don't add a motor could mean I keep bike for my young sons :D i would love to ride with em rather than pimp their bikes while being benched from something I love..

Soo that said my back does not allow me to ride much but I push my self and manage to ride with kids to school and back on good days which is 2 miles each way..

But the rides I do with buddies is about 20 miles or more some on road some off road/track

I never had a Speedometer thingy till recently so the round trip is a guesstimate

I'll try figure how to post pictures and I'll get a pic of me bike :D thanks in advance for any advice and thanks again for kind welcome

D

Deleted member 4366

Yes, there's no such thing as stupid questions, but you can't say the same for answers. welcome and ask whatever you want as long as you don't mention Brexit or helmets.

• :D
Reactions: flecc
D

Deleted member 22539

Yes, there's no such thing as stupid questions, but you can't say the same for answers. welcome and ask whatever you want as long as you don't mention Brexit or helmets.
Or sand lol

• :D
Reactions: flecc