Hi

Coffee

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for a few days now so i thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm in the process of buying a Gallego from Woosh, it ticks all my boxes, small folder, it will be kept in the boot of my fiesta most evenings. (Car is in the back garden behind 6' gates) and living in brighton something good on the hills is handy.
4 - 5 mile daily use won't be to taxing on the bike or my backside. (Hopefully). And Ive grown to like it's looks alot over the last couple of weeks I have been looking around. (Bit of a required taste style thing)

15 years since I rode, so I'm quite looking forward to this Saturdays delivery.

Hope the car drivers have become a little more considerate or at least no worse.

Regards

Dave.

Last edited:
Reactions: oyster

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Welcome a board Dave, 5 miles is nothing so you should get some good use out of it and you will probably will end up riding it East and West along the sea front as well.
Let us know how it goes as those of us who ride in the area know how hilly and steep some of the streets are.

Reactions: Coffee

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
Thanks for the welcome Nealh, yeah maybe as far as hove lawns or maybe even Portslade with a stop for a cuppa before the return journey.
And the marina should be easy to peddle out of now.

Dave.

brindledog

Apr 22, 2017
Appleton
Hi all,

I've been lurking on here for a few days now so i thought I'd introduce myself.
I'm in the process of buying a Gallego from Woosh, it ticks all my boxes, small folder, it will be kept in the boot of my fiesta most evenings. (Car is in the back garden behind 6' gates) and living in brighton something good on the hills is handy.
4 - 5 mile daily use won't be to taxing on the bike or my backside. (Hopefully). And Ive grown to like it's looks alot over the last couple of weeks I have been looking around. (Bit of a required taste style thing)

15 years since I rode, so I'm quite looking forward to this Saturdays delivery.

Hope the car drivers have become a little more considerate or at least no worse.

Regards

Dave.
Welcome - friends will soon get used to the silly grin on your face (all pedelecers have it). The Gallego folds up quite well, once you've mastered the sequence and utter the correct spell. It takes off with a woosh which can be a little un-nerving on loose gravel. The clip which holds the rear frame in place has just fallen off my bike so it's like wrestling with a demonic octopus until I get a replacement … enjoy the miles and the smiles :)

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for the welcome brindledog,
The clip falling of sounds a bit of a worry!! how long have you been using it? Lol

Mine is in the care of dpd expecting it tomorrow, rain forcast here in brighton. (just my luck) Have you been impressed with the bike in general?

Dave.

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
Well DPD let me down, either the bike is still I'm transit from B'ham - Crawley (20 hours since the last update) or the tracking is a bit wonky!

Usually been quite good in the past, in my experience anyway.

Anyone else had problems with em?

Dave. :( :rolleyes:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi Dave, I am sorry for the delay.
I'll phone them in the morning to see how things go.
Tony

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
Ok , Cheers Tony.
I will post on here if there's any update, so Check your messages before you ring them.

Dave. :)

Reactions: Woosh

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Dave, I am sorry for the delay.
I'll phone them in the morning to see how things go.
Tony
Hi,

Bike arrived today so dpd are in favour with me once more, and thanks to Tony and Hattie for there offer of help by chasing things up with regards to delivery being late, both above and beyond. :)

Bike looks great and feels solid, and only need to be taken out of the box and unfolded. The battery only needed 40 mins to charge I used the time to check the tightness of nuts, tyre pressures and the brakes to as much as possable etc, (all seem fine).
Unfortunately since it hasn't stopped raining all afternoon I'm yet to road test it.

The wife peddled and used the throttle a little while I held it in the air so I know at least the motor, battery and throttle are working to some extent. :cool:

Dave.

Coffee

Aug 19, 2018
I've road tested the bike this morning and I'm impressed, turns the hills into nothing at all.:D
2nd gear and 2nd level of assist was enough to get me up the ones close to home at reasonable speed with little effort. The thottle works well on the flat, especially in 3rd level of assist, but I turned it quickly off as it felt odd some how not having to peddle, I'm not sure it will be needed at all on the short journeys that I will be making. Still i like the fact its there if i fancy using it. The bike was ok to ride with the electric side turned off despite the extra wieght, so not to much of a worry if it runs out of battery power.

Dave.