Hopefully going to buy a wisper 905 torque

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Well it's gone belly up

My uncle works at the Raleigh warehouse and said he could get the additional bracket i need to attach a burley bee toddler trailer

Gave him the paper Number and left it with him
Turns out the parts bin had the wrong part in it and they don't have any (i used to work in a car parts department and this happens )

I was holding off ordering the trailer until absolutely sure it would fit the wisper

But now had to order bracket from elsewhere as Leicester ebikes understandably don't want to go out on a whim and say that the part will not could the motor wiring

Part in question is

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Ok so i need to enlarge the hole

Blurb on the page

• Generally stays attached to bike
  • Works with disc brakes and full suspension
  • Does not fit breezer style dropouts (Required Adapter. See Below)
  • Mono-stays require a longer safety strap which can be purchased separately
  • Fits QR axles and solid axles up to 12mm
  • Does not include Flex Connector
https://burley.com/hitch-guide/

It also lists adaptors

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4366

I think he is more concerned with the motor wiring being fouled
There's no problem for the motor wire. If anything. it'll add protection to the wire.

Even if the trailer was supplied with the cast hitch adaptor, which has the pivot directly under the nut, it wouldn't take five minutes to get a bit or 2.5 mm thick steel strip and drill a 12.5 mm hole for the axle and an 11 mm hole for the hitch so that you could attach it an inch behind the axle to keep it clear. That's what I did for my Bob Yak style trailer that has special adaptors on each axle. They have a 10 mm thread in them for a normal bike axle, so don't fit on a rear hub-motor - something like this:

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Spare bracket has turned up trailer is coming Saturday

telephoned Liam at Leicester to rearrange for next week (wife and toddler logistics)

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
Well got back from test ride
Liam was a nice guy and not at all pushy and knows his e bikes

Rode a 705 torque to get a feel for the motor
It's my first ebike and it felt strange at first but soon became a nice ride

Few little gripes which are probably trivial and pointless complaining by a grumpy old fart like me
  • Liam was riding a freego model which cuts the motor out at predetermined speeds from 3-15 mph in 3 mph increment where is the wisper won't unless above 15 mph
  • The battery meter kept dropping. When we got on at first I'd say it was ¾ full on pulling away .. it dropped down to half way and after demoing the throttle facility and a few other trials we went up this kept fluctuating through out the ½ hour test ride through a wide range of scenario...Liam's comment was it's more like a volt meter as a opposed to battery level
  • The part i found most strange is the battery situation in the final part of the ride the meter was approximately ½ full and we went down a hill with assist on 4 and 8th gear it was only a short hill not too steep but the battery meter dropped to zero and it cut out only for it to fire back into life at the top and the meter to return to approx ½ way .... Again. We went down the hill and up again but in 6th gear and again halfway up it cut out fractionally almost as if someone applied the brake briefly
I don't know if this bike has the 375kw battery or the 575kw

To summarise i went in pretty convinced i was going to buy a wisper and but for the fact our lass (who was treating me to the bike forgot her pin number on a 0% card she hasn't used before)

i would have placed the order there and then
We.left it that i would pop back next Thursday and order and pay due to me needing to build a new shed this weekend it would be her to soon for me to store it

Other thing is which isn't the bikes fault was i was advised to take a tyre slime tube for. Small amount of £10 for some slime even though it has puncture resistant tyres (granted not puncture proof)

Is this normal for a battery to fluctuate around so much ???

Clara

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2016
Sorry if i sound stupid, but if you were going downhill, why did you need assist 4 ? If going downhill, i turn it down to 0 and use the highest gear. On the 806 torque with nexus gears that means gear 7.

Emo Rider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2014
Well got back from test ride
Liam was a nice guy and not at all pushy and knows his e bikes

Rode a 705 torque to get a feel for the motor
It's my first ebike and it felt strange at first but soon became a nice ride

Few little gripes which are probably trivial and pointless complaining by a grumpy old fart like me
  • Liam was riding a freego model which cuts the motor out at predetermined speeds from 3-15 mph in 3 mph increment where is the wisper won't unless above 15 mph
  • The battery meter kept dropping. When we got on at first I'd say it was ¾ full on pulling away .. it dropped down to half way and after demoing the throttle facility and a few other trials we went up this kept fluctuating through out the ½ hour test ride through a wide range of scenario...Liam's comment was it's more like a volt meter as a opposed to battery level
  • The part i found most strange is the battery situation in the final part of the ride the meter was approximately ½ full and we went down a hill with assist on 4 and 8th gear it was only a short hill not too steep but the battery meter dropped to zero and it cut out only for it to fire back into life at the top and the meter to return to approx ½ way .... Again. We went down the hill and up again but in 6th gear and again halfway up it cut out fractionally almost as if someone applied the brake briefly
I don't know if this bike has the 375kw battery or the 575kw

To summarise i went in pretty convinced i was going to buy a wisper and but for the fact our lass (who was treating me to the bike forgot her pin number on a 0% card she hasn't used before)

i would have placed the order there and then
We.left it that i would pop back next Thursday and order and pay due to me needing to build a new shed this weekend it would be her to soon for me to store it

Other thing is which isn't the bikes fault was i was advised to take a tyre slime tube for. Small amount of £10 for some slime even though it has puncture resistant tyres (granted not puncture proof)

Is this normal for a battery to fluctuate around so much ???
If there were two bars showing on the dashboard it means you have 25 to 50% of your battery's capacity left. 30% will still show as half. When the bike is under load the indicator will drop showing the drop in voltage due to the load. On a steep hill, with low pedalling input, it might just touch on the bike's cut out voltage which protects the battery and system. The more input you have into the pedalling the less pronounced this is. Go for the slime, you won't regret it.

Hope this helps :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
You experienced what is called battery sag. This is the load asked by the controller from the battery, being not fully charged the battery wasn't at its best and able to deal with the load put upon it so the voltage collapses below the bms lvc. It could also be an indicator of the battery cells used which can't deliver the amps asked under load, another pointer is using throttle demands more load often full amps so is detrimental on range or climbing if used constantly. The pas will only ask for about 1/3 - 1/2 the power of the throttle also the battery in use might not be a new one but a general one used for test rides.

Malcolm Stephenson

Pedelecer
Apr 12, 2016
We went down the hill turned round and back up again in two different gears as he wanted to show how efficient it can be
In fact on the 2nd run when i was in 6th he said you will probably overtake me in the hill well i got level before brief cutout

Like i said I'm not bashing the bike just unsure if this is normal apart from that it was a lovely bike

Reactions: Clara

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A bike that suffers badly from battery sag is the last thing you want for towing.

Reactions: Malcolm Stephenson