How capable is a Carrera frame for jumping?

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I have been hucking it around the street lately trying to get my (limited) BMX skills back and I was thinking of hitting some real jumps with this beast. Now I know the forks will be crap on anything that gives decent air, but are the rims and frames capable do you think? I used a slanted kerb as a kicker and had a nasty rear heavy landing, think I bottomed out the tyre. So after stotting the rim off the floor and somehow not getting a pinch flat nothing broke. If I start regularly hitting big stuff I will get rid of the suntour xcm as I know they are likely to fail but just wondered about the rest

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
apart from the wheels frame and forks snapping in half you should be fine lol.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I think the answer to this is time will tell :)

anon4

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 9, 2017
GB
I destroyed a haro cross country bike jumping, well the wheels anyway. They were like pringles in the end, single wall. The crappy fork survived it all including some badly cased landings, crashes and 6ft air onto flat ground. The cromo frame was a beast too. This Carrera feels like a tank in comparison but aluminium frame makes me nervous. The stiffness of it makes it feel like you broke something every time the back wheel gets a jolt

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0181.JPG DSC_0185.JPG
:D

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Looks like the bike's still intact after this session...