How do you replace the BB on the Bosch Performanceline CX?

Jon Porter

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 12, 2017
Dorset
After 8 months the bottom bracket is starting to make grinding noises and there's movement (in the wrong direction) on the crank arms of my Cube Hybrid Reaction Pro 500.

The shop where I purchased the bike have told me the BB isn't covered by the warranty so I'm trying to find out how much of a 'job' it is to do the work myself. (Although I have asked the shop to re-consider their position too)

Anyone got any advice or experience in what needs to be done, tools required and what the cost is for the BB etc?

Many thanks
Jon

• Disagree
Reactions: Woodnut

Doomanic

Pedelecer
Dec 7, 2017
uk
The shop is talking rubbish; as Gubbins says, the motor has a two year warranty. Time to get medieval on their arses.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
hahaha the bike has no bb its called a motor r they that fkn stupid or what go get em ;)

• :D
Reactions: STEVEMANFA

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

the question is would you let a shop like that even fit a new motor!

Jon Porter

Oct 12, 2017
Dorset
Thanks people, the bike shop is a reputable one that has been on board with electric bikes for some time. I'll get back in contact with them and if no joy I'll get in contact directly with Cube I guess.

Blackbird

Jun 15, 2018
The wearing out of the driveside bearing is a well documented one caused by ingress of water and or dirt into the bearing. There is an updated seal available. And yes, covered by warranty, bosch exchanges the entire motor for that but the bearing can be changed when out of warranty.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
The wearing out of the driveside bearing is a well documented one caused by ingress of water and or dirt into the bearing. There is an updated seal available. And yes, covered by warranty, bosch exchanges the entire motor for that but the bearing can be changed when out of warranty.
Some forum members have changed bearing on out of warranty motors, the ones thst posted had no problems.

Only odd shop will replace bearing most swap motor for factory refurbished one, very expensive. Motor replacement is Bosch policy, no opening motor.

Related Articles

Advertisers