How long did you lurk for before registering ?

How long did you lurk on the site before registering?

• Total voters

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
We have a huge number of unregistered visitors to the site every day and I'm curious to know how long you lurked for before deciding to hit the Register button?

Also please tell us the reason why you decided to join?

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
I posted the first response, sad or what lol

10mph

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 13, 2010
England
Joined to ask for advice when faced with the confusing choice of electric bikes.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I lurked for quite a while well over a year ago as it seemed impossible to get approval, ......eventually I gave up until returning this year and bingo.....gremlins gone.......quick approval and the opportunity to get lots of much needed advice and opinions from lots of different people with obviously a lot more knowledge than I had......but as they say......learning every day......and you never STOP learning........
Thanks to everyone who has helped me so far (especially our pedelec guru Flecc ) :)

This is a great site

Lynda

fatboytrig

Pedelecer
May 3, 2011
I am a newbie and love my new e-bike but I also love this forum. People patiently answering questions that must have been asked many times before and for that, I thank you all.

If ever I get a chance to help anyone go through the pre-purchase and purchase process, I will help when I feel confidently able to.

God bless this forum and all who post in her.

hannibal

Pedelecer
Jan 2, 2009
I took a long time because I lurked at work - and the computer system didn't allow me to subscribe!

johnc461165

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2011
WN6
It took me ages to be accepted had PM admin to finally get registered, I come on everyday but only sign in when I need to comment.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I'd have got very bored if I'd lurked, I was the first member with the first post! :)

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
It took me ages to be accepted had PM admin to finally get registered, I come on everyday but only sign in when I need to comment.
I admit now to doing both now days. I use two browsers, permanently logged in on IE, and never log in on Firefox.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Lurked some months before registering, but then it took weeks before being accepted.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
Lurked some months before registering, but then it took weeks before being accepted.
haha......you're lucky....it took a YEAR before Russ let ME in ....hmmmm....wonder why lol :cool:

Lynda :)

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
No doubt it’s because some people are frightened by beautiful, interesting women; whereas for my part I've got over that

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
No doubt it’s because some people are frightened by beautiful, interesting women; whereas for my part I've got over that
LOLOL.......but what a shame ;)

Lynda :)

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
We have a huge number of unregistered visitors to the site every day and I'm curious to know how long you lurked for before deciding to hit the Register button?

Also please tell us the reason why you decided to join?
As you dont need to log in to read posts only to reply theres is a good chance most of those "guests" are registered users any way especially if they are using a public PC.

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I joined so I could seek advice on buying a pedelec. The advice was to try a few, I have and now am more confused.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi Croxden the thing is find one you feel good on and then use it and adjust, and add to till its great!!!

Bob:cool:

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Thanks OldBob1,
The one I felt was the best was the BH-Neo Jumper but I think old men of 70 should be looking at a Kalkhoff or similar fuddy fuddy type of bike. It was so tempting, like admiring the new blonde barmaid.

AlMel

Pedelecer
Jan 22, 2013
Essonne, France
Never forget: the old are getting younger!

Advertisers