How long until someone nicks my bike...

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
I cleared out my shed today and put my old MTB outside it as I needed the space for storage... I was hoping the scrap metal collector would of been round to take it but he hasn't come today.. so I've left it out and I'm wondering how long it will take before someone takes it!

It's in a sheltered spot between two rows of sheds but visible from the road and footpath.. it looks reasonable from a distance and is perfectly rideable, but the brakes squeak like hell and barely work.

I will go down and see if it's still there in bit..I'm tempted to set up my wifi CCTV camera to see who takes it and put the video on YouTube :D

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
But that would be entrapment:D

stokepa31_mk2

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 7, 2008
put it on ebay. ill bet you get more than £20. bikes are very in demand - even old hacks

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
18:10 still there

:eek: no takers yet

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
It'll never go, Sodd's law applies. :D
Haha I think you're right. As soon as they see the rust and cobwebs on it they think sod that and walk away. I did see a pick-up truck back in earlier and thought ay up this could be it...but was just visitors..

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
thinking about putting a sign up...

Steal my Bike Today AND GET A FREE RUSTY PUMP. :D

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
Maybe I should put a lock on it to give them an incentive? It's too easy that's the problem... ;-)

Genesis750

Pedelecer
Oct 22, 2010
not nicked yet

tenants moved out my flat 2 years ago leaving a useable MTB leaning against the shed. its still there - must be cause its Scotland and the baddies are too busy eating pies and mainlining irn bru.

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
gone

The council came and took my bike this morning. Bah.

allen-uk

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 1, 2010
In Denmark they have 'leave it outside if you don't want it' days when you just mooch up and down and take what you fancy, which seem very civilised.

A

morphix

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2010
Worcestershire
www.cyclecharge.org.uk
In Denmark they have 'leave it outside if you don't want it' days when you just mooch up and down and take what you fancy, which seem very civilised.

A
Good idea. Here we have the "any old iron" lorries that come around most days taking virtually anything with metal in it. Recycling seems to be big business as there's now 4 different lorries servicing my neighbourhood several times a week!

I just hope the Council take that to a recycling place rather than send it to landfill.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I had my boiler replaced last month and it was about ten minutes between putting the old one in the front garden and a knock on the door from someone who wanted to take it.
Shame nobody knocked before taking the motorbike in my front garden.