How much is a Bosch 500w battery worth?

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
SOLD to Soundwave for £450 then...

My first thought was "why did he not take the £450?", then of course I realised Ebay would charge about £45 and Paypal about £20 then the offer probably required postage so courier only at circa £40+ subject to distance. Then the big worry about the Ebay/Paypal purchaser opening a dispute!!

20 Hours to go on the auction so time will tell, but if it doesn't sell and you don't decide to keep it I would offer £275 collected, paid in cash with (obviously) no recourse for dispute, no fees, no postage issues and the sweet smell of £notes in your hand.

Sounds Harsh? I pay transport costs, I forgo the ability to dispute the sale, you pay no fees and you have the cash in your hand at the point of transaction. I can be there 1 hour after the Ebay auction ends. Unlike you, Phil, I am happy to take a chance on second hand goods when the price is right ;).

I won't be offended by your rejection of my offer so please do not be offended by it, but it is serious and if you think we can strike a deal please PM me.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i bought one 2 months ago for 700 quid and would of paid 500 for it.;)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
SOLD to Soundwave for £450 then...

My first thought was "why did he not take the £450?", then of course I realised Ebay would charge about £45 and Paypal about £20 then the offer probably required postage so courier only at circa £40+ subject to distance. Then the big worry about the Ebay/Paypal purchaser opening a dispute!!

20 Hours to go on the auction so time will tell, but if it doesn't sell and you don't decide to keep it I would offer £275 collected, paid in cash with (obviously) no recourse for dispute, no fees, no postage issues and the sweet smell of £notes in your hand.

Sounds Harsh? I pay transport costs, I forgo the ability to dispute the sale, you pay no fees and you have the cash in your hand at the point of transaction. I can be there 1 hour after the Ebay auction ends. Unlike you, Phil, I am happy to take a chance on second hand goods when the price is right ;).

I won't be offended by your rejection of my offer so please do not be offended by it, but it is serious and if you think we can strike a deal please PM me.
tbh I am not worried about a dispute as I know its ok as its mine and I was using it until the bike walked off without it... and as its collection only the buyer can see it and me and make his own mind up, but my reason for not accepting anything less than the £450 is that as daft as it sounds I would buy one myself at that price.
So,
If no-one turns up here with £500, and I know that's the likely outcome, then I wont offer it up again as I will keep it and cycle (excuse the pun) it with the other.
When I had the 400w and a 300w I would have loved to be able to afford \a 500, and now I have two..

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
i bought one 2 months ago for 700 quid and would of paid 500 for it.;)
Talking up the price because you paid too much does not help Phil though, unless of course you are prepared to pay him £500 for his. Stick a bid on his ebay auction and you may get it for £499.

How much did you get for your old battery Soundwave, that is probably a better indicator of value.

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
tbh I am not worried about a dispute as I know its ok as its mine and I was using it until the bike walked off without it... and as its collection only the buyer can see it and me and make his own mind up, but my reason for not accepting anything less than the £450 is that as daft as it sounds I would buy one myself at that price.
So,
If no-one turns up here with £500, and I know that's the likely outcome, then I wont offer it up again as I will keep it and cycle (excuse the pun) it with the other.
When I had the 400w and a 300w I would have loved to be able to afford \a 500, and now I have two..

That is obviously the most sensible outcome and like you I (probably) don't need two battery's (less than you as at least you can cycle home and swap bikes LOL). I would though like two battery's but my purchasing power values them much lower. GLTS :).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
shipping from magura was free as its on the invoice for the shop but the box never had any danger stickers on it anywhere?

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
shipping from magura was free as its on the invoice for the shop but the box never had any danger stickers on it anywhere?
I think you need to read "Free" as included in purchase price, no such thing as "Free" in the commercial world.

• Agree
Reactions: Crockers

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0383.JPG DSC_0538.JPG

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I have to list a free shipping option on all the stuff from my ebay shop, but of course the price of everything has been bumped up by £1 to cover it. For Europe its not free so I deduct £1 and it makes it look extra cheap to them..
Especially since Brexit..

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
one of the dealers on here will sell them for 650 but only after i kicked off with the above invoice ;)

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Forget the last post.. maths was never my strong point
The price is in pounds on my screen - you can select currency at the home page.

DAJ

Pedelecer
May 8, 2015
My other reason for wanting to sell is that there is something I want more than I want a spare battery..
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/mobile-devices/wearables/
Something you will use multiple times every day as opposed to something you will remember to recharge once in a blue moon? Samsung Gear S3, desirable, tactile and functional or a BOSCH battery sat on a shelf?

My offer back in your face, you know you want it :) :).

Reactions: Gubbins