How to hide/camouflage the 750w on the motor?

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
No, you can't self certify.
You have no idea if the motor was submitted to EN15194 certification or not.
Your supplier should have the information, if not, they can call the manufacturer.
My Woosh bike doesn't have the wattage engraved on the Bafang motor only the voltage 36V. Just a sticky label on the frame which can easily be removed.

D

Deleted member 22539

No. The clear sellotape makes it waterproof.
Im not trying to be awkward here but selotape is rubbish when it gets wet
It goes all milky and loses its adhesive property's and makes a right mess

You would be better off with a clear vinyl or similar.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Is it good when it gets wet ?
If so definitely worth a go
Gorilla tape is amazing it's much thicker than sellotape, think of very high quality smooth Duct tape. I've bought it in 4 different formats.
Black in 50mm & 25mm (50mm for general repair solutions, 25mm used for sealing my rims when going tubeless).
Clear 50mm general repair of stuff and bike frame protection and also camo 50mm which I used to repair my down jacket when I ripped it.

It's incredible and you will find so many uses for it.

Buy some.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted member 22539

Gorilla tape is amazing it's much thicker than sellotape, think of very high quality smooth Duct tape. I've bought it in 4 different formats.
Black in 50mm & 25mm (50mm for general repair solutions, 25mm used for sealing my rims when going tubeless).
Clear 50mm general repair of stuff and bike frame protection and also camo 50mm which I used to repair my down jacket when I ripped it.

Buy some.
Cheers
Sounds great i will definitely buy some
Thanks for the reply

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I've got a certificate of conformity too - came with the bike,
then you don't have to cover the wattage, it has no importance when you are covered by the certificate of conformity.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
then you don't have to cover the wattage, it has no importance when you are covered by the certificate of conformity.
Yes, but they perhaps expect me to register and insure, which I won't. I honeslty don't see the point when the actual max speed is road legal. In practicality, for me, 250w or 1000w, the effect is pretty much the same. Thinking back, one of my older e-bikes had 350w motor and I rode it for two years, didn't even know it was illegal. I even sold it to someone who didn't drive, like me.

E Moses

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2016
UK
Gorilla tape is amazing it's much thicker than sellotape, think of very high quality smooth

Buy some.
Erm, gorilla tape is black, isn't it? I don't see how I can print on it. Am I missing something? (DIY newbie here).

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
ur wasting ur time if they wont chase me then you got no chance plod dont care unless you kill some one.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0030_01.JPG

there all my vids ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's sold as an L1e-A with number plate mount etc. So the certificate of conformity is useless since the OP wishes to use it without the mandatory registration. Hence him wanting to change the hub to read 250 watts.

• Agree
Reactions: E Moses

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Can i ask is there a speed difference between the 750w and 250w motors?
If you are inquiring about the OP's Rad Rhino e-bike, both the 250 watt and 750 watt models are restricted to 15.5 mph. The 750 watt just has the power advantage for hill climbing etc.

Reactions: disneycjd

disneycjd

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 3, 2019
If you are inquiring about the OP's Rad Rhino e-bike, both the 250 watt and 750 watt models are restricted to 15.5 mph. The 750 watt just has the power advantage for hill climbing etc.
Yes I was. Thank you.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You can't say that here is no difference to the speed from those motors without knowing their KV or winding speed. The 15.5 mph is set by the controller, not the motor. The motors can go much faster than that, and their maximum speed depends on the battery's voltage. The power comes from the controller, not the motor, so you get the same power from each of them if you use the same battery and controller. I've never looked inside them to see what the difference is or even whether there is any difference. Assuming there is a difference, the 750w one would be able to handle more power without overheating, so you can use more volts and amps.

It wouldn't surprise me if those two versions use exactly the same motor and controller. The difference being one using a 36v battery, and the other using a 48v battery.

Edit: Some interesting info about their motors here. It looks like the difference between the 250w and 750w versions are the motor's windings. I found exactly the same difference with the Bafang BPM motors. I'd say, like the BPM, the 250w and 350w verrsions are identical, and so are the 500w and 750w versions, with the higher power versions having thicker wire in the windings. Check out his other videos in his channel about mods and improvements

Last edited:
Reactions: disneycjd

Advertisers