How to operate the 905SE charger.

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
I have heard a variety of instructions for using the charger and I'd like clarification as another 905SE owner has said he recieved no instructions with the bike.
I have heard:
  1. The power should be connected to the charger first, when the green light is lit then connect it to the bike. The light goes red and when complete turns green again. The mains power needs to be connected first as contol circuitry needs to be running before the battery is connected.
  2. It is important the mains power is connected after the battery.
  3. It doesn't matter.
  4. It depend which charger is being used.
I have ordered one of the latest shipment and knowing how easy it can be to wreck a battery I would like some clarification on this potentially important matter. Thanks.

Did you like the pun?

john

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2007
Manchester
I would say that if the charger starts, then technically it doesn't matter which way around you do it. However, it is safer with most chargers to plug into the battery first because there is less chance of making sparks that way :eek:

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And as an aside Mussels for when you get your new bike, the new HP charger type that Wisper supply now has a mains switch on the rear, making it ok to leave it plugged into the mains and still able to control that.

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Charging your Wisper

I have heard a variety of instructions for using the charger and I'd like clarification as another 905SE owner has said he received no instructions with the bike.
Hi Mussels

As john says, the best way to connect and turn on the charger is;

1. Make sure the charger has the switch in the off position.
2. Connect the charger to the mains and to the battery then turn the charger on.
3. A red light will show followed quickly by the orange charging light and the fan will begin to turn.
4. After the battery is fully charged a green light will show and the charging process will stop automatically.
5. Turn the charger off at it's switch.
6. Disconnect the charger from the battery and then the wall. If you leave the charger connected to the mains supply it will continue to use a small amount of electricity.

Good luck with your bike. If the manual is missing drop me an email and I will send you one electronically.

Was the ship wreck the pun? In which case yes! :rolleyes:

Best regards David

Mussels

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 17, 2008
Crowborough
Hi again,

Where's the pun?
It was about the potentially important matter regarding the battery.
It went very wrong. :( ;)

I will check but, I can't imagine why you shouldn't leave the charger on a timer.

All the best David
Thanks. He may have been confusing it with another manufacturer so I just wanted to check, I'm still looking forward to recieving the 905se I have ordered from the latest batch. :)

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Latest batch

Hi Mussels

They are just going through customs clearance now so you should see your bike next week at the latest.......... Enjoy!

Best regards David

Mandy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 23, 2007
I would say that if the charger starts, then technically it doesn't matter which way around you do it. However, it is safer with most chargers to plug into the battery first because there is less chance of making sparks that way :eek:
LOL! Well put :D

Advertisers