How to quick repair a puncture?

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Ive ordered one now from Amazon. One to stick in the bag and hope its not needed. Will be blowing it up before putting it in the bag to make sure it works ;)

Well, the one I ordered..a 28"...arrived today...
It must be big enough to fit a 32" wheel if one exists!
Going to contact the seller tomorrow...it just doesn't look right to me. I blew it up a bit to make sure no leaks, and then compared it next to my wheel....there must be 4 inches extra tube. I guess you could just stuff the lot in the tyre before blowing it up just to get you home, but just seems wrong....

Incidentally, it wasn't boxed like shown in the pic, and has no size markings on it at all....

Mal69

Pedelecer
May 22, 2017
Scottish Borders
www.darkrealmfox.com
Sometimes you can't trust third party Amazon sellers, I am having to return a 3D blu ray because it arrived in bad condition and was advertised as brand new, Amazon are very good about these things and I can send back post free, I got a replacement off of Ebay.

Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Sometimes you can't trust third party Amazon sellers, I am having to return a 3D blu ray because it arrived in bad condition and was advertised as brand new, Amazon are very good about these things and I can send back post free, I got a replacement off of Ebay.
Think I'll do just that.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
i dont get punchers as i have no inner tubes :p

• :D

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Mal, do you have the ebay sellers name by any chance?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

• Informative

Andy Bluenoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 31, 2016
uk
Added to my watch later list....never looked into that before, Ive always imagined its costly/too complicated to bother with...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
just seal the rim with tape to cover the spoke holes, if the tyre is loose on the rim add more tape as will make a tighter fit and better chance of a seal get a valve for the rim and the sealant i use stans no tubes and that is it and top up if needed every 3 months.

or you can get a kit like this
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/stans-no-tubes-flow-tubeless-kit/rp-prod116721?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-DT-SE-Shopping+QLB+Manufacturer+Desktop&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sr4Hx0f7O_dc|pcrid|161845658788|pkw||pmt||prd|419618UK

the tube with the kit helps getting a seal and leaks but more tape will do it and cheaper.

• Informative

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well, the one I ordered..a 28"...arrived today...
It must be big enough to fit a 32" wheel if one exists!
Going to contact the seller tomorrow...it just doesn't look right to me. I blew it up a bit to make sure no leaks, and then compared it next to my wheel....there must be 4 inches extra tube. I guess you could just stuff the lot in the tyre before blowing it up just to get you home, but just seems wrong....

Incidentally, it wasn't boxed like shown in the pic, and has no size markings on it at all....
No it could still be all right . Actually I am pretty sure it's fine. Rubber expands with air pressure.. just see what happens to an ordinary tube when you pump it up outside the constraint of a tyre wall.. it gets enormous and then it bursts. I reckon there is nothing wrong with your new tube.there was nothing constraining it's overall length, so it got longer.

D C

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2013
I think Danidl may be right. It's best not to inflate any tube until it's inside the tyre as the rubber may not regain it's original shape though it doesn't look as though Andy has gone too far and hopefully the tube may recover.
A little bit of air is OK to just shape it for puncture finding or fitting but any more and you can be in trouble.
I found this out the hard way about 60 years back, hopefully tubes are more forgiving now but old habits etc...
Dave.

• Informative