How to remove the 25km/h limit ? (pulsing) PS70A / LSW70A controller

danny88

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
Hello, my name is danny and i joined this forum after reading several topics but have not found the solution to removing the limit yet.

i have a Prophete Alu Rex e-bike
The controller on it is a PS70A from www.lsdzs.com
later i found out this is similair to the LSW70A controller and found that placing a jumper on it will remove the speed limit, so i did but it keeps pulsing at 25km/h on and off. any other idea how to remove this speed limit?

my wheel has 3 thick wires for the motor and 5 small wires (assuming it has 3 hall sensors to measure the speed)
i have added a speed display that is independant from the complete controller.
Video of the wheel pulsing: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5kf2v2029dnhhq/20180131_160438_1.mp4?dl=0
20180131_160542.jpg 20180131_160605.jpg 20180131_160615.jpg

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Have you checked that your pedal sensor disk has all its magnets and is fairly parallel to the sensor?

danny88

Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
Was it the enactment pads that you bridged?
yes, the jumper corresponds with the enactment pads, after this was shorted with a jumper the frequence of pulsing increased but the pulse length is shorther as it keeps going on / off / on /off /on/off at 25km/h

D

Deleted member 4366

Those LSW controllers are quite difficult to hack without the software. It's probably easier to get a new controller. That gives you a chance to improve the control of your bike to. the KT controllers with LCDs, like the S06S from BMSBattery are really good. You can fit a throttle too.

danny88

Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
Those LSW controllers are quite difficult to hack without the software. It's probably easier to get a new controller. That gives you a chance to improve the control of your bike to. the KT controllers with LCDs, like the S06S from BMSBattery are really good. You can fit a throttle too.
True, thats the easy option getting a new controller, but is there no one that was able to remove this limit? is it in the memory of the chip on the controller? i dont see any battery that would save / store the data while power is off.

one word catched my eye tough "software" what software program? and can it be used with the 5 trough holes under the enactment pads is that to rewrite the chip?

D

Deleted member 4366

danny88

Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
i need some help to identify the following 5 trough hole connectors (see attached image)
3.jpg
if i am correct the chip can be programmed with a ST link dongle (costs only 4 euro on dx)

these 5 trough holes would be the same pins used for an LCD screen so if anyone can tell me which is which i can make a guide how to remove the speed limit

danny88

Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
Thanks! i have sent him a message, as soon as we figured out how to reprogram the chip to remove the speed limit i will post details!

Berka21

Just Joined
Jul 23, 2018
Did you solve it?
I have a LSW860 controller that also is limited to 25km/h but most of the chinees controllers seems to be quite simular to each other.
there is one white cable going from "VP" on the card anyone know whats VP stands for?

danny88

Jan 31, 2018
Netherlands
i gave up on trying, just cruising at 25 km/h now :) if anyone finds a way please let me know! no idea what VP means, guess the V for voltage but P no idea.

Berka21

Just Joined
Jul 23, 2018
Okay that's sad to hear :(
I have opened mine but not find any "for sure" speed limit connector. So I think it's limited in the software.
But I start worn next week and then maybe I can try to make some communication up and running, because it looks like if you have an st-link you can use lishui's parameter setting tool.. I have also sent an email to the manufacturer to see if them can tell some way to configure the controller.

I attach some pictures of my controller.
My bike is an foldable Orion/Apollo Smart 05.

If anyone else recognize this controller in any other brand/ebike please let me know. ( I think EcoRide has some similar)

upload_2018-8-2_0-8-1.jpeg

upload_2018-8-2_0-8-31.jpeg

upload_2018-8-2_0-9-31.jpeg

upload_2018-8-2_0-10-26.jpeg

Advertisers