I have lots of cells, anyone able to build a battery?

bbqforce10

Pedelecer
Mar 23, 2017
devon
I have got lots of LG cells from faulty batteries (I got them through working for a garden machinery manufacturer).

I'm planning to convert a bike and wonder if there is anyone who could build a 48 volt battery for me, in exchange for a load of cells to build their own battery?

thanks

Adam

Last edited:

Baboonking

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2006
Watford

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
HE4's are a very good 2500mah 20a cell.
I have the HE2's pretty much the same cell barring about a 1 or 2% difference.
Shame you didn't live nearer :(.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
A word of warning: It might not be important to you, but that is an unregistered business seller, trading under illegal terms. You will have no right of return for "change of mind". You also won't be protected as detailed by Consumer Contracts Regulations.

Reactions: Baboonking

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0674/3651/files/LG18650_HE4.PDF?828

Nice high power cells. I don't have a spot welder or lots of chargers to catalogue the capacities so I wouldn't be much use to you. I think the next I'm going to be building I'll might try these clip together battery connectors

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18650-Battery-Holders-Vruzend-DIY-Solderless-No-Spot-Welding-UK-Seller/322884945255?hash=item4b2d714567:g:4M0AAOSwAHtaBzYg
If you want an unused kit for a fiver + postage send me a pm. They are limited to 3.5A per cell so of no use to me now or in the future. You could make a decent 5P10S battery for low load usage though.

Reactions: Baboonking

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
I have got lots of LG cells from faulty batteries (I got them through working for a garden machinery manufacturer).

I'm planning to convert a bike and wonder if there is anyone who could build a 48 volt battery for me, in exchange for a load of cells to build their own battery?

thanks

Adam
Seems rude not to reply as we are in the same County. Not promising anything at this point, but I may be able to help you build a pack. I should know better having spent many hours( or was it days, or weeks ) doing this in the past, but hey!! need to know a bit more info on the cell so maybe PM me a phone number and we can have a chat about it.