I need a bike shed!

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
The asgard sheds are fantastic. Don't just limit yourself to the ones they describe as bike sheds - there may be an option there that fits your requirements under the guise of something like a fishing tackle shed or something.

FWIW I currently have 3 "Tool Sheds" from Asgard that I use for bike storage - due to their short doors and narrow depth they fit in the available space perfectly.

I can fit two bikes in at ground level and one hung up on hooks in each.

Don't pay list price for the sheds - they regularly run promotions giving 10% off the price (normally to coincide with sporting events).

• Agree
Reactions: flecc

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
There was a guy on Dragons Den recently selling secure bike lockers.

Anyway, the vertical Asgard shed looks great for in my garage to add security to a bike. But I do wonder about condensation forming on the inside. All metal sheds Ive an experience with have suffered with terrible condensation. Are these any different?

Last edited:

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
So a bike shed but a low one
Just thought I'd chuck in an idea:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=outdoor&field-keywords=Keter+Store+It+Out

These are NOT heavy duty steel things. They are fairly lightweight and could easily be broken into, however they are plastic, won't rust, look fairly smart, will keep the rain (and prying eyes) off the bike, and if one was to stick some anchor point into a concrete base and use an auxiliary chain etc, the bike should be secure that way.

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
We have the Ketter max storage shed to keep the wife's mobility scooter in , I thought about it for the bike but they are no where big enough to get a decent sized bike in

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Katymac

Pedelecer
Mar 18, 2017
Norfolk
Sadly I haven't even completed on the house yet - next week I hope!!

I think I will be having one built where the end & maybe the side open to make it eay to get in & out with a hoop/bar thing concreted on the inside to lock the boke to (I think)

redcup1999

Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2016
Bristol
But I do wonder about condensation forming on the inside. All metal sheds Ive an experience with have suffered with terrible condensation. Are these any different?
No condensation at all in either of the two different designs of Asgard sheds I have had. The bikes are much better protected in an Asgard shed than in a normal single skin brick garage both in terms of humidity and security.

• Useful
Reactions: The Bear

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
with a hoop/bar thing concreted on the inside to lock the boke to (I think)
For my motorbike I use a ground anchor that I concreted into my garage floor, with an anti-pinch pin, chain and padlock...

The pin passes through the hub of the rear wheel..

Im considering doing similar when I get my ebike, passing an anti-pinch pin through the frame etc.

Chris.L

Pedelecer
Sep 13, 2017
Lincolnshire
I have just bought a 29er Asgard bike shed , I found a discount code for 10% off the price,

The code is YJ10 , I don't know how long this will last ,but may be of use to somebody

Cheers
Chris

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
For my motorbike I use a ground anchor that I concreted into my garage floor, with an anti-pinch pin, chain and padlock...

The pin passes through the hub of the rear wheel..

Im considering doing similar when I get my ebike, passing an anti-pinch pin through the frame etc.
A very nice job, unfortunately I would give it at best 5 seconds security against a cordless angle grinder. Fitted with a diamond edged disc.

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
A very nice job, unfortunately I would give it at best 5 seconds security against a cordless angle grinder. Fitted with a diamond edged disc.
Well, obviously. But theres absolutely nothing that can be done to prevent an attack by a cordless angle grinder. I even have a plug socket next to where I keep my motorbike so if they want to bring a corded angle grinder then they are more than welcome.

But you could say that about any security protection, theres always a quick way around it. I drive a Land Rover Defender, a vehicle that is prone to being stolen. At home it is secured behind heavy duty telescopic security posts, with CCTV, pedal lock, tracker and I even have a removable steering wheel. But thats all pretty useless against someone coming along in a recovery truck with a Hi-ab to lift it away.

I guess the other option is to put no protection whatsoever on our possessions, but thats not for me.

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
Well, obviously. But theres absolutely nothing that can be done to prevent an attack by a cordless angle grinder. I even have a plug socket next to where I keep my motorbike so if they want to bring a corded angle grinder then they are more than welcome.

But you could say that about any security protection, theres always a quick way around it. I drive a Land Rover Defender, a vehicle that is prone to being stolen. At home it is secured behind heavy duty telescopic security posts, with CCTV, pedal lock, tracker and I even have a removable steering wheel. But thats all pretty useless against someone coming along in a recovery truck with a Hi-ab to lift it away.

I guess the other option is to put no protection whatsoever on our possessions, but thats not for me.
I only commented because I had reason recently to remove a strong padlock from a gate, where I had lost the key and I was shocked by how quickly I cut through the hardened steel. If it was 2 seconds or less . More time spent reeling the cable for the grinder

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
I only commented because I had reason recently to remove a strong padlock from a gate, where I had lost the key and I was shocked by how quickly I cut through the hardened steel. If it was 2 seconds or less . More time spent reeling the cable for the grinder
True. It amazes me how many people park their push bikes in the city centre, secured only with a cheap locks. Numerous times (due to where I work) I've helped people who have lost the key to their lock and can't retrieve their bike. With the police present, I've cut through the cable with bolt croppers. I just don't understand what goes through folks heads when it comes to securing their bikes in public. Maybe thats why so many get stolen, usually from students.

Steve A

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 28, 2016
Ashford, UK
Any lock is better than none. Delaying the thief as long as possible is the goal, in effect putting them off trying to steal in the first place.

My house was burgled 2 years ago having no/little security, not nice feeling. we now have cctv, alarms, fake tv light, auto lighting inside, 8 security lights outside, razor wire on trellis, gravel, toughened patio glass doors, but alas we don't have the best deterrent a DOG!!!!!!

Advertisers