I need to carry it upstairs!!!!

mersey_lady

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 3, 2015
West Lancs
Mersey Lady....looks like others are doing a good job for me,cost me a fortune in beers!!!!
Please also look at the Kudos Secret (20" wheels) and the K16 (16" wheels),both are about as light as its possible without reducing the battery size. The K16 is particularly light ,ideal for humping on/off a bus,but not really for more than 5 mile journeys.
When you have settled on a bike I can send up,if you pay the return carriage.
We have some ex-demo Secrets at from £500.00,
Good Luck.
KudosDave
I have been having a look at the secret, what range would you say for that one? I am towards the recommended max rider weight and my ten mile commute to work does include some inclines (not exactly huge hill but I always use assistance on them) and there is more or less always a strong headwind.
The guys are doing a good recommendation job for you!

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Hi if your existing bike is fine to do you for other times? would your employer of this problem site be prepared to supply a bike plastic shed to store your bike in or go 50/50 ?
He might even put an electrical supply to it?

Bob

Reactions: oldtom

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
I have been having a look at the secret, what range would you say for that one? I am towards the recommended max rider weight and my ten mile commute to work does include some inclines (not exactly huge hill but I always use assistance on them) and there is more or less always a strong headwind.
The guys are doing a good recommendation job for you!
I get 25 miles out of my Secret in a mountainous area,you would be OK with your 10 mile trip. But a bigger wheeled bike is obviously more comfortable on a daily trip,
The Sprint is an ideal bike provided you can carry it up the stairs.
Many ladies have bought that bike,find it easy to handle,the battery position is in a balanced position.
Am off to a show this weekend so won't be able to respond again until next Tueday.
Good luck with your choice.
KudosDave

Reactions: mersey_lady

mersey_lady

May 3, 2015
West Lancs
Thank you for your reply and input, Bob. My employer is a bit of a gem and has been happy to discuss all possibilities. I don't think this particular solution is viable because we don't have very much outside space and our neighbours are less than accommodating. It was after a fairly exhaustive discussion exploring all the options that I came to a conclusion that a new bike was actually the most sensible option. I have teenagers at home all enthusiastically claiming dibs on mum's old bike, so it won't go unloved.

Your answer did get me thinking though. I work in Southport which has a secure cycle shelter, which is just round the corner (well a cut through Marks & Spencer!). I don't know whether anyone on here has experience of it. I went to look at it today, unfortunately too late for there to be any staff to talk to. It does look really secure and is entirely under cover. I think it is free to use, you pay a deposit for a key and then lock your bike to the racks inside. I'll go again on Thursday and chat to the staff to ask if there is any possibility of charging the bike in the shelter, probably not but worth an ask.

If not, I will be looking for quite a different replacement bike. Would still like it to be a bit lighter but the main feature would have to be easy to remove battery so I could take it to the office for charging. My preference then would be for something that looked gorgeous and ladylike.

Reactions: Wicky

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

mersey_lady

May 3, 2015
West Lancs
All gorgeous bikes, soundwave but where will I put my laptop? Where are the mudguards? I think I need something a bit more "city" for my commute.